Fill the Void

"Breaking news! A man in downtown Atlanta has tragically died. The cause of death? stabs wounds to the chest, over 150-"

I clicked off the t.v that I was playing for background noise while I painted. It was definitely ruining my good mood. Another murder?

This has been the 5th one this week. The whole town has been in an uproar because of it.

The cops don't seem to be taking this as seriously as they should be, so of course, the townspeople are scared. They're worried about who will be next.

The killer doesn't seem to have a motivate. None of the victims have anything in common-well except for being all male - but that's where the similarities end. I decided to make some tea to distract myself.

I sit on the couch and slowly sip on my now lukewarm tea. Light music played in the background while I scrolled through Netflix. I glanced at my painting and let out a sigh. I struggled to find the motivation to keep it going. I loved painting but I didn't have anything to paint. Nothing felt inspirational.

I set my tea down and curl up on the couch, slowly drifting off.

"FOR 12.99 THIS BRAND NEW NEVER SEEN BEFORE DEVICE CAN BE YOURS!" I jump at the sound of the t.v.

"Why so loud." I mumbled to myself. why did I turn this back on again? there's nothing good to watch anyway. 

I rubbed my eyes, still being tired.

"Hello! Is there anyone home?" A loud knock rumbled throughout the house along with an unfamiliar voice.

I stumble to the door in a slight panic. Opening the door, I see a tall man holding his stomach. He's wearing a white shirt that hugged his strong arms but was slowly getting stained with blood.

"Are you okay? What happened?!" I rush out at the sight of him. I place my hand on his wound to try to contain the blood.

"Come inside, i-i can try to help you," I Studer out. I wasn't that good at healing people, but I could at least try. I take his free hand in mine and gently lead him to the couch.

"Stay here. I'll be right back." I leave him in my living room while I run to the bathroom to grab bandages and ointment. I hope the injury wasn't as bad as it looked.

"Thank you, you're a life saver." He dryly chuckles out as I place the last white bandage on his well toned stomach. The injury wasn't too bad overall. I was pretty confident that it wouldn't even scar.

"Yeah, it was no problem. Do you need me to call the police?" His eyes widen.

"No, no cops. It was just a misunderstanding." He weakly lends on the back of the couch holding his injury.

"Wait, I have some painkillers." I pick them off the table and give him a few.

"Thank you, you really don't know how much this means to me." He smiles at me, looking deep into my eyes. I  noticed his dark beautiful eyes. They're a dark brown one shade away from being black, but they hold so much. I couldn't help but stare at his eyes.

"I'm happy to help." I Studer out, eventually looking away from his intense stare.  I glance at the time on the wall. It's so late.

"Are you hungry? I can make something quick before we sleep." He looks taken back by my question. His eyes soften a bit.

"I am a bit, but I don't want to be any more of a hassle for you."

"Do you have any allergies?"

"No."

I quickly make sandwiches, and I add some fruit and chips to the plate.