S x A

Whats good yall. 

---------------------------------
"Mom? When will I meet my mate?" The girl looks up at her mom from the table. Another girl from the village had just found her mate and moved away. It made serenity wonder when that would be her. She had hoped it would have happened by now.

"Soon, serenity, I'm sure of it." She smiles at her daughter and runs her finger through her hair. serenity smiles back, but she notices the sadness in her eyes. The same sadness that is always there whenever she would mention her future mate.

Mom was hiding something.

"She's asking about her mate again, Zach. It doesn't get any easier." She said. It was late at night now. Everyone had gone home. serenity's mother was now discussing her mate with her father. The truth is, they knew who was mated to their daughter. A long time ago, when she was born, the moon goddess spoke to them. She pleaded with them to hide their daughter, never to let them meet.

They both new who her mate was, what he was capable of. They new Amadeus was unware of who his mate was, at least for now. They had to keep her away from him but they couldn't let him know. They had no idea how Amadeus would react. He would be too powerful to stop if he choose to hurt someone. 

"We have to stay strong. For her. It's better this way." He hugged his crying wife. He pushed away his own tears.

They pulled away when they heard a soft knock on the door.
They soften they look.

"Come in." She yells out.

"Can I stay in here tonight?"

She patted the empty place in her bed. serenity jumped in bed and fell asleep shortly after.

------------------
serenity was in the flower beds planting new pink roses her mother bought for her. That was her love language. Gift giving.

"Those flowers are looking lovely, dear." She turned her head to the sound of the voice. "Thank you, Sam." She laughed. "Do you want to go on a walk with me?" She asked Sam her best friend - or well, her only friend. Her mother never allowed her to hang out with anyone else.

"Sure, just ask your mom first." He said. She nodded and ran inside.

"Mom, can me and Sam go on a walk?" Her mother turned away from the dishes. She thought about it for a second before deciding that it should be fine. Sam was the new God of war after his father, Ares, retired. He could protect her if needed.

"Yes, but only for an hour or too, okay?" She yelled out a yes and ran back to Sam.

"Let's go!" She grabbed his hand and pulled him toward the familiar dirt path.

They've taken this path a million times. It led to a small village that she loved exploring. It always had nice people with interesting hobbies. She was always jealous of them.

They're able to do anything and go anywhere while she's stuck in a 3 bedroom house. She wanted to explore more than just a small village and her backyard one day.

She secretly prayed for someone to one day take her away from her mother so she could have freedom, but she pushed these deep down. She knew it was wrong to think this way.

"Aww, look at these puppies!" She bent down and touched one of the puppies soft fur.

"That one's kind of ugly." A voice whispered. It sounded like it was coming from right behind her.

"That's mean. He's adorable-" she cut herself off when she didn't see anyone. 

"Who are you talking to?" Sam bent down next to her and petted the puppy, too.