drunk coffee

I take in a deep breath as I walked into the coffee shop. The scent of coffee lingered in the air. 

It always calmed me down. The regular cashier was working tonight which made me excited. He was always so nice and kind and he normally smelled like coffee, even when he wasn't working. 

It always put a smile on my face. We've only had a few conversations about our personal lives but if I remember correctly, I think I'm a year older than he is. 

Which is surprising. He looks older than he is, that is when he's not wearing his ridiculous uniform. The owner was an older man and his health hasn't been the best. So his grand kids have taken over the shop. They have done a lot of remodeling over the past few years. It has driven away a lot of customers. 

It's sad to see, as I've been going to this place for a long time.

"Hi, you look great today. What's the occasion?" Angel, my favorite cashier says already starting on my drink. 

"My uncles funeral." I say blankly his smile is immediately turned upside down.

"I'm joking, I'm joking." I laugh at his sad face. 

"Don't do that to me. I thought you were being legit." He says chuckling while taking some deep breaths.

"I don't have an uncle so he can't be dead, and I'm actually on my way to work."

"You're still working at the new bar?"

"Yep, it's actually pretty cool. They don't make me wear ugly suspenders so that's a plus." He was about to agree with me until he looked down at the suspenders he was currently wearing. He started blushing a little.

"I actually like these suspenders. They make me feel smart." He says with a matter of a fact. "I have to agree you do look like a dork." I laugh once again. "Alright Alright take your coffee and sit down. I'll be there in a second. He hands me my regular coffee order.

"I can't, I'm alright a little late to the bar." I groan. He looks disappointed and a frown is once again making an appearance.

I pull his mouth up in a smile. "Don't be sad. I'll be here tomorrow." I then pinch his cheek. He gives a sad smile.

‐---------------------

"Can I have some kind of fruity drink?" A lady asks. She's been trying to figure out what to get for at least 20 minutes so I'm just glad she finally picked something. 

"Yes ma'am. Give me one second." I turn around to make a 'vodka party punch.' It's fruit and tastes pretty good. I hand it to her once it's done and turn my attention to the person next to her. My eyes widened a bit when I see who's sitting in the chair. He has a black leather jacket and a white t-shirt. 

"You're right, I don't see no dorky suspenders, I'm kind of jealous." His dark brown hair shins a golden brown from the dim bar lighting.

"Are you even old enough to be in here?" I question with a smirk. I remember him telling me he was 20.

"You tell me." He pulls out his ID and hands it to me. Today is his birthday. "Damn I thought I had a little while left to tease you." I scoot his card back to him. "Happy Birthday." I say with a smile anyway.

He laughs and has a big grin on his face. "Why, thank you."

"Can I get you a drink? Since you know, you're so old now."

"Nothing for right now." I raise my brow a little. "I - I just wanted to see you." I was a little taken aback by his sudden confession. I couldn't help the blush that appeared on my face.

"Thanks. That means a lot to me." I go to serve the other people still waiting for their drinks. A few hours passed and he was still waiting by the bar. He did let me pour him a few drinks. He also ordered a few plates of nachos.

"You know maybe I should quit that coffee shop place." He says placing his drink roughly on the table, spilling a little of the beer.

"I thought you liked working there?" I picked up one of his nachos and place it in my mouth. "I do.. I use too." He puts his hands up to his face. He starts shaking in a way that looks like he's crying. I go to comfort him but he quickly picks up the glass and finishes drink.

----

"Woah calm down. You're gonna end up wasted." I go to the bar and get a bottle of water and bring it back to him. "Here drink this." I pat his back to get his attention.

"My shift is about to end. Is it okay if I drive you home?"

"Mmmh yeah." He mumbles. He looks tired. "Don't fall asleep on me. There's no way I can carry you to the car."

"I'm awake!" He jumps up from the bar table and yells. "Right, can you walk to the car?"

He gets up and tries to walk but nearly falls over. He caches himself right before he feel on the floor. I pull his arm over my shoulder and he lends into me a bit. I really needed to work out more. "Alright let's go." I slowly started walking to his car after he pointed to it. 

I sat him in the passenger seat and buckled him up. "Don't move, okay? I'll be right back." "mm no don't go." he pulls my arm and pushes me onto him. I try to get up but he pulls me into a hug keeping, caging me in. I let out a noise of protest. I tried convening him to let me go but he would just shake his head no or tell me to just relax. 

After 10 minutes of me trying and failing I decided to trying something else. "Please, please let me go." I plead. He seemed confused when he looked down he blushed a bright red. "I'll give you 3 minutes." He lets go of me and I quickly sit up an get out of the car. I rush back inside, and give the boss an apology. I collect my things and head back to the car. 

I really didn't want him to get out because it would be a struggle to get him back in. I jump into the drivers seat and buckle up. I notice how nice the car was. 'How does a 21 year old on a coffee shop salary afford this?" I question to my self. 

He was doing far better than me. "See it didn't take me too long." I state. " You were gone for a long time." He slurs, and moves closer to me. "I was gone for 5 seconds." I laugh. "5 seconds to long." He mumbles. He leans in some more. I realized he was trying to kiss me. "Wait-" He then kissed the leather seats. "Stop moving so much, I missed your lips." I bursted out laughing.

He then quickly jumps back into his seat. "I bet that sobered you up." I say in between my laughter. He places his hands over his eyes. "Embarrassing.." he whispers.

"Don't be embarrassed. It was cute and kind of funny."

"Funny for you." I laugh again

"Kiss me when you're not drunk off cheap liquor."

"Really? You better Remember you said that."