27

two days later

You stepped out of the shower after a short day of work.

You got changed into leggings and a hoodie before brushing out your hair and moisturizing your face.

Your alarm for your meds went off and you went downstairs to take them. You stood in the kitchen while taking out all five bottles from the cabinet. You had gotten your antidepressant prescription refilled two days ago with Penelope.

You propped your phone up and face-timed Penelope. You let it ring until it hung up automatically. It's odd for Penelope not to answer but you assumed she was probably busy or already on the phone.

You simply shrugged and took all your meds with a couple gulps of water.

You went into your fridge and tried deciding what to cook. You started grabbing random ingredients before your phone began to ring. You looked over at it still propped up and saw Penelope's name. You grabbed it before answering it and putting it to your ear.

"Hey." You said.

"I'm sorry I didn't answer, did you take your meds?" She asked with a shaky voice.

You stood up straight. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing. I'm fine. Did you take them?" She asked again with the same shake in her tone.

"Yes, I took them. Penelope what's wrong?"

"I-It's Derek."

"What happened? Is he okay?" You asked with concern.

"I don't know." Her voice cracked. "He was in an ambulance with a huge bomb and he was driving it to a field, but I just heard a huge explosion and then the call hung up." She explained with worry.

"Oh my god." You said. "I'm coming over there right now." You said before hanging up.

You ran to grab your keys and left the house.

You walked into the BAU and b-lined to Penelope's office. You opened the door and she turned her chair to face you.

Her lip quivered and she immediately went to stand up.

You were quicker to reach her and take her into your arms. You felt her sit back down as she hugged you and you bent your knees to reach her.

She sobbed in your arms.

"I'm right here." You assured her. "It's okay." You rubbed your hand up and down her back, trying to comfort her.

"He has to be okay." She whispered.

"He will be." You said softly.

You just closed your eyes and held her while she cried. You were wrapped in the sweet scent of her. You hated seeing her like this. You just wanted to take all her pain and worries away.

She let go of you and you simply looked at her with caring eyes. She wiped whatever tears were left. You laid your hand on her thigh as you kneeled in front of her.

Her office phone started to ring and she quickly hit the answer button. "Hello?" She said in a low voice.

"Garcia." Derek's voice came through the speaker.