17

Your eyes fluttered open and you rolled over to an empty bed. You sat up on your side and rubbed your eyes.

You immediately thought the worst. You assumed Penelope left early this morning— regretting talking to you last night and regretting what happened.

You sat up completely and climbed out of bed. You limped into the living room, as your foot was always sore in the morning and hard to walk on.

"Good morning." Derek said with a smile.

"Morning." You looked around the room.

"Garcia had to go into work this morning." He said, assuming you were looking around for her.

"Oh." You looked at him.

"I'm gonna start heading over there, let me know when you're ready."

You simply nodded and turned around to go into the bathroom. You quickly washed your face and brushed your teeth before brushing your hair. You went into your room and got changed before putting a shoe on your non injured foot and walking back out into the living room.

"That was quick."

"Yeah, I don't wanna make you late. Besides, I never really take long getting ready."

He squinted his eyes and chuckled.

You let out a small chuckle. "Okay, fine. I don't take long anymore."

"That's better." He smiled before walking towards the door.

You followed him to the door and walked outside. He closed the door behind the two of you and locked it.

You stepped out of the elevator into the bullpen and saw Emily by the coffee machine. You walked over to her and greeted her with a smile. "Hey, Em."

She mirrored your smile. "Good morning. How do you feel?"

"Same shit. I'll catch you later, Em."

She smiled and nodded.

You walked away and headed towards Penelopes office. You stood in the open doorway and knocked on the door.

She turned around and greeted you with a smile. "Good morning."

"Good morning, Pen." You smiled. You walked into the office and toward her.

She looked up at you. "I hope I didn't wake you up this morning trying to rush out of the house, I was trying to be quiet."

You softly smiled down at her. "No, you didn't. Don't worry."

"Thank god." She turned around to face her computer.

"Whats the case?" You asked.

"Kidnap and murder. He's targeting women all with similar features. Dark hair, dark eyes, all five-three to five-four and a heavier build."

You leaned your hand on her desk and your other hand on the back of her chair, looking at the crime scene photos. "Hm." You squinted at the computer. You looked down at her.

She looked up at you with a soft smile.

You both locked eyes and just stared into each other eyes for a second.

"Y'know, they kind of remind me of you."

You mirrored her soft smile before your smile faded and so did hers.

"Nicholas." You whispered.

Her eyes filled with horror as you stood straight and practically ran to Hotch's office. You swung the door open without knocking.