9

You were driving to the airport once again. You were so incredibly hurt and sad. You didn't really feel anger or jealousy, you were just hurt. Small flashbacks filled your head from your abduction and now with Penelope you felt like you were going insane. Your head was spinning trying to wrap your head around all of this and make sense of it. You kept zoning out while you were driving and the sudden realization of you almost getting in multiple minor car accidents caused you to the pull over to the side of the road— at an attempt to collect yourself.

You pulled over and sat in your car in silence for god knows how long. You didn't what to do or really how to feel. There was a lump in your throat and you didn't even know where to go. All your stuff was at your house, should you go home first? No. You wanted to leave as soon as possible. You had two suitcases of some necessities and clothes. You just wanted a clean slate— a new life. You were wishing for a time machine right about now. But you didn't even know how far you would go back.

Your phone ringing zoned you back into reality.

Derek.

You hesitated answering it, but you did.

"Hel-"

"Penelopes been shot." He cut you off.

Your felt your blood run cold and your jaw dropped. You actually felt frozen in time and you couldn't get a word out. You tried to talk but you couldn't.

"Did you hear me?! Penelope was sh-"

"Yeah." You spit out.

"I'll send you what hospital she's at. It's bad y/n."

Again. Silence. You were in shock.

He went to say something but instead he just hung up.

You sat there for a second, before letting a very small breath out. You immediately put the car in drive and sped to the hospital.

The twenty minute drive to the hospital felt like a lifetime. You pulled into the emergency room parking lot. The big red sign made your heart sink even deeper into your stomach. You parked your car in a spot and just sat there. A part of you didn't wanna go in, because that would mean this is really happening. You always did this— run away from your problems, or avoid them. You never wanted to be in touch with yours emotions. You avoided it at all costs. So you just sat there, staring at the sign.

Not only did it feel like hours, but it really was. You sat in that parking lot for two hours.

That's when something in you just snapped and you climbed out of your car and started walking into the hospital. You walked in with teary eyes and your whole body shaking. The receptionist greeted you with a smile.

"Hi, how are you?" She asked.

You just stared at her with a look of concern and your eyes still teary. "Penelope Garcia." You said.

Her smile faded and she simply looked down and started typing on her computer.

Your hearing seemed muffled and everything around you felt like it was moving so slowly.

She told a room number and you thanked her before walking away. You got into the elevator. You pressed the button to the fifth floor and leaned back against the wall. You wanted to take a deep breath but you couldn't. After what felt like forever the doors opened and you stepped out. You walked down the hall reading the numbers on the rooms before seeing the one that matched the room number the woman told you. You stopped and turned your body to face it.