21

It was late the next day and you were back on the jet with the team. You sat by Jj and Emily while they chatted and laughed but you were in your own world staring into space.

"Y/n."

You looked up at Hotch who just called your name.

"Can I have a word with you?" He asked.

You simply nodded and stood up. You felt Emily and Jj's eyes on you.

You followed Hotch to the back of the jet where Derek was.

"What is this about?" You asked.

"Hotch and I were talking and we want you to do a cognitive interview." Derek said.

Your expression dropped. "What?" You questioned.

They just stared at you.

"No." You shook your head and looked down.

"Y/n, Garcia won't talk and I don't even think she truly remembers everything but we don't want to ask her to do it. We have to get to the bottom of this, please." Derek pled.

Your eyes filled with tears and you looked up. "Why?" You questioned.

"To get a better understanding of what's going on." Hotch said.

"I don't remember anything."

"Y/n, we both know you remember more than you told anyone. Now, please— I'm asking you to do this." Derek said.

"It hurts!" You cried. "Make it stop, Penelope, please make it stop!"

"Why? So you can create another file to read to everyone during story time?" You snapped, slightly raising your voice. "No. No way." You spit out and walked away.

You felt all eyes on you as you walked down the isle of the jet. You felt a hand grab your arm and you stopped and looked over.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Penelope asked as her soft brown eyes looked up at you.

You quickly looked around and then looked back at her. "They want me to do a cognitive interview."

She let go off your arm and looked down. "Oh." She gulped before looking back up at you. "Are you gonna do it?"

You scoffed. "No way."

She looked down again as if she was confused this time. "But why do they want you to..." Her expression softened. "Oh."

"What?" You questioned.

She looked up at you. "N-Nothing." She said with worried eyes.

You quickly looked around before bending over and leaning closer to her. "I know they're making me do it so they can create a file to show a psychiatrist."

Her eyes bounced back and forth between yours. "But isn't that what you're doing? Getting help?" She asked softly.

"Yes, on my own— they're trying to lock me away again."

Her eyes got wide and her mouth fell agape. "But, why would they-"

You stood up straight. "Doesn't matter. It's not happening." You said before walking away. You felt her wide eyes staring at her as you walked away.

The jet landed and everyone got off.

You walked onto the windy runway. You were just looking around and you looked up to the sky.

"You okay?" Emily asked you as she walked up behind you.

"Yeah." You looked at her. "Fine."

She just looked at you with a look of empathy in her eyes and simply nodded.