19

You got back to Penelopes apartment and you both showered and changed. Penelope gave you sweats and a tank top.

Your vision still wasn't perfect, everything was still slightly spinning but you didn't feel as drunk anymore. It wasn't the fun drunk, you felt more of the numbness that you felt when you drank.

You wanted to be alone tonight and just sit with your emotions and thoughts like you usually do every night but Penelope needed you and you couldn't say no. You loved her too much to say no to her when she needed you. You would stop the world for her if you could.

You sat on Penelopes couch while she got dressed in her bedroom and looked around the living room at all her little figurines and fluffy things. Her personality was really splashed all over the place. You couldn't help but smile to yourself. You stood up and walked over to a shelf by the kitchen. You started picking things up and looking at them— almost like a little kid.

You heard footsteps behind you and turned around.

Penelope was in sweats and a tee shirt with no make up on. You loved seeing her like this, she really was so beautiful no matter what.

"Sorry. I was just looking." You said.

She gave you the most adorable smile. "It's okay."

You softly smiled. "You should get some sleep, you had a long night." You said, putting one of her figurines back where it was.

"I could say the same for you."

You shrugged. "I'll be alright. I was just gonna relax and maybe smoke a little before I went to sleep."

She nodded.

You turned around and walked toward your bag, assuming she would go in her room.

"You know, mixing alcohol and weed isn't good for you." She said.

You paused for a second before turning around to face her. "I stopped caring about what was good for me a long time ago, blondie." You smirked.

"I'm just saying." She shrugged.

"I appreciate the worry, but there's no need. Like I said, I'll be alright. I mean— I always am.. right?" You said with sarcasm in your voice.

She made an expression you couldn't really put your finger on. "I always worry about you." She said, very softly.

Your expression softened to a blank face. "Maybe I'll, uh, skip the smoking tonight."

She softly smiled. "I think that's a good idea."

"I don't."

She rolled her eyes.

You chuckled. "I'm joking."

"Yeah, you're so funny." She said with sarcasm.

"I know." You smirked. "Seriously, Pen. You should get some rest."

"I know. I'm really tired, I just, uh," She put her head down.

"What is it?" You asked softly, stepping closer to her.

"I have trouble falling asleep, every time I close my eyes, I see his face."

"Hey."

She looked up at you.

"Do you want me to come stay with you for a little?" You offered.

You could tell your offer made her visibly less nervous, but she seemed sort of uneasy about accepting.

She simply nodded. "You don't have too."

Instead of saying anything you simply grabbed her hand and leaded her to the bedroom. You shut the door behind the two of you. "Go ahead." You nodded your head towards the bed.