26

You took a deep breath as you closed the door behind you. You tossed your keys into the key dish and went straight upstairs to get unready.

You came back down freshly showered in sweats. Your puffy eyes went down a little since this morning but they were still noticeably puffy from crying all night.

You heard a knock at the door and looked in the direction of it. You paused before walking toward the door and opening it.

"Hey." Derek said with a smile as he stood in front of you.

"Hi." You softly smiled. "What are you doing here?" You asked.

"We knew you wouldn't host a dinner, but we've been dying to see the house." He said.

"We?" You questioned with a raised brow. Your eyes peered over to Rossi and Hotch now standing behind Derek.

"We brought the dinner to you." Rossi said.

You smiled and stepped aside. "Well, come in."

The three of them stepped inside and you saw them all looking around your house. You closed the door behind them.

Rossi turned around with a tray covered in aluminum foil in his hands. "You got a nice place here, kid."

You softly smiled. "Thank you." You said softly. Your eyes peered down to the tray in his hands. "What's that?" You asked.

"Oh! My famous lasagna." He held out the tray.

Your eyes widened. "My favorite." You looked back up at him and he smiled.

"I brought the salad, Derek has the vegetables, Jj has the chicken cutlets, Emily and Garcia are on fruit and dessert duty." Hotch stated.

You looked over at him in awh. "You guys didn't have to do this."

"Well if we didn't, who would?" Derek asked and you looked over at him with a small smile.

"I guess you're right."

You guided them to the kitchen and watched them all put their food down on the table. You grabbed a bunch of plates and sets of silverware and started laying it out.

Rossi walked over and put two bottles of wine on the table. "What's a dinner without the vino?" He asked.

You softly chuckled.

Your house slowly filled with your friends and it was also filled with laughter and chatter. You were so grateful to have such a great group of friends and you really didn't know what you did to deserve this. You just finished giving everyone a walk through of the house.

The doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." You said before walking out into the living room and to the front door. You opened it and she stood in front of you.

Her eyes lit up when they met yours.

"Blondie." You said with a smile on your face.

"Hey, sug." She held up the platter of assorted dessert in her hand. "I brought dessert."

"I'll take it." You took it from her hands with a soft smile. You stepped aside and let her in. She closed the door behind herself. "If I had to take a wild guess, I would say this was your idea." You said.

"Now what makes you think that?" She asked with humor in her tone.

You softly giggled. "Well, thank you. I needed this."

Her expression softened. "I know." She paused and just looked at you, like she was analyzing you. "You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" You lied through your teeth.