13

You opened your eyes to Derek and Emily sitting in the room.

They were both looking at you. Derek stood there with the same file in his hand. You looked at it and looked back at him. "They want to start your physical therapy today." He said.

You looked at Emily. "They just want you to try to get out of bed on your own." She said.

You nodded. You looked back at the file in Derek's hand. "I wanna see them." You looked at him.

"Are you sure? They'r-"

"Yes." You cut him off. "I want to see them."

He gave Emily a quick glance and walked over to you. He put the file in front of you and flipped the first page. Emily put a hand on yours.

"Y/n Y/l/n" It read.

He flipped to the second page and it was a scan of your fractured elbow. Then your fractured ribs, a scan of your brain. Your heart was sinking. Your ankle fracture, your legs, your other ankle. You felt a lump in your throat. An x-ray of your stab wound, the MRI scan that showed internal bleeding.

You put your hand over the file and pushed it down, while looking away. Derek shut the file and you felt the tears forming. "I'm done." Your voice broke.

Emily squeezed your hand and you looked over at her with watery eyes. She gave you a look of reassurance, that everything was gonna be okay. But, how could that be? You felt as if your heart was broken beyond repair.

Right now, you felt as if everyone would be better off if you were dead.

You felt like everyone secretly blamed you for Krystal's murder and you didn't blame them because you completely blamed yourself. Your mother figure was murdered, because of you.

The door opened and a doctor walked in. She greeted you with a smile. "Hi, y/n. How do you feel?"

You just shrugged your shoulders.

"We're gonna try to get you to stand today, and try to get some of the strength back in your legs, alright?" She smiled again.

"Okay." You said with a black stare.

Two other doctors came in behind her. "You guys can come back in a little bit." One of them told Derek and Emily.

You looked at Emily. "It's okay." She mouthed to you. You looked away from her and back at the doctors.

Derek and Emily left the room and the doctor closed the door behind them.

"Okay, we're gonna start by supporting you and trying to get you to slide your legs to hang off the bed.. As if you were about to stand up."

You nodded.

They walked over and went on each side of you. "Ready?" She asked.

"Yeah."

"Okay, on three. One, two, three." She counted

You groaned as you moved your body to the position she explained.

"Great. How did that feel?"

"Not too bad."

"Good. Now, They're still gonna support you and give you a little extra push. All I need you to do is put your feet on the ground and put a little pressure on them as if you were standing up." She explained. "Ready?"

You nodded.

"On three again. One, two, three."

You did as you were told and whimpered as you did it. Your legs were aching.