14

play "what was i made for" by billie eilish when it says play.

                             three days later

You were sitting on your bed in the hospital looking thru old texts between you and Krystal. Tears were falling onto your phone. You tried wiping them away but they just kept coming.

You heard the door open and you looked up. Hotch walked in and looked at you. "Are you okay?" He asked.

You sniffled and wiped your tears. "Yeah. I just, uh," Your voice was shaky and you broke down. You put your hand over your mouth to try and silence your sobs. "I'm sorry." You said softly.

He closed the door behind him and walked closer to you. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Krystal." You whimpered. "I miss her, Aaron."

"I know, y/n. She was like a mother to you."

"She is." You corrected him. "I don't know what to do." Tears continued to flow from your eyes. "She was probably so scared." You said so soft it was almost a whisper.

Hotch sat on the bed next to you.

"She was in so much pain."

Hotch put his arm around you and you leaned your face into him. "He hurt her." You whimpered.

You continued to audibly sob into Hotch for what felt like forever. You thought it was never gonna end.

He didn't say anything, he just held you while you cried.

You stayed in that position for a long time. Finally you felt Hotch move his arm and you sat up. You looked over at him. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, y/n." He said before standing up. "Call me if you need anything."

Hotch turned around and walked out of the room. He left the door open.

You sat up right in your bed just looking out the door, watching nurses and doctors pass by every so often.  Until you saw her blonde curls bouncing as she slowly walked by. She looked over for a second before doing a double take and turning her body to look at you. You looked away.

You saw her out of the corner of your eyes and you heard her heels click as she stepped into your room. You looked back over at her. She just stared at you with an uneasy look and you stared back at her with red puffy watery eyes.

"Are you okay?" She asked softly.

You simply nodded.

<> PLAY <>

She nodded back. "Right." She muttered. "Sorry I bothered you." She turned around.

"Wait."

She froze. She slowly turned back around to face you.

"You can stay in here instead of sitting in the halls."

She just looked at you. It seemed like she didn't expect you to offer.

"It's okay if you don't want too, I jus-"

"Yeah." She cut you off. "I'll stay for a little."

You just looked at her.

She slowly walked over to your bedside and sat on the chair. "How do you feel?" She asked softly.

You looked over at her. "Better."

She nodded.

You felt the tears forming in your eyes again. You couldn't control it at this point. You looked away from Penelope and tried to make it stop. But, your sniffling gave you away.