‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.The End‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

The Queen of St. Eadfrid Evermund

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

I yawned one more time, couldn't wait to end this meeting and talk with my babe who was waiting outside this room. I waited for 2 months for her to talk to me and this conference is getting on my way. This is probably the reason why she doesn't want this life.

"Okay." I barely dabbed the table and stood up. "Let's end this conference. I jotted down all your concerns and I'll try to make a solution to each one of them. Thank you."

I cannot wait anymore. My mind was already occupied by her and keeping up in this session won't help at all.

"Where is she?" I asked my butler after I got out of the room.

I swear that if she will finally forgive me, I'll do everything to make her life the way she wants to live. She will be my queen, but also my wife and the mother of my children.

"This way, Your Royal Highness. As per your request, I brought her to your room," he said and pointed at the door of my chamber.

"Thank you, I'll take over from here." I walked towards my door. My mind was floating and I couldn't think straight.

Our eyes instantly met the moment I opened the door. I locked my room and I let out a deep breath.

"Hi," she welcomed me with a warm smile. Her eyes broadened after and made a curtsy.

I shook my head and stepped towards her. "No, don't do that, please." I touched her shoulders. "It is still me, your Arthur." I don't want her to feel different.

"But you are the Crowned Prince, our future king. You are not my Arthur anymore, you are Prince Arthur of our kingdom," she spoke accentuating every word she uttered.

"Don't think like that. I'm sorry, I lied to you. You were so comfortable with the simple things we did. You want that for the rest of our lives so I let you live that life even just for a moment. I'm sorry that I was a prince and I cannot live a simple life just like what you want. But I promise if you still want me, we will go to my cabin, grill a fish for our dinner, sleep under the stars, climb up the mountain, eat ice cream, visit Duchess Ingrid, and many more." A tear broke out from my eye. "You are right. I am a coward. I should have told you from the beginning."

She wiped my tears and smiled. "Do you wish that you hadn't been born a prince?"

Even so, I don't want to turn my back on my country. This is my home and I was born to take care of it. This is my fate, to begin with.

"No, this is my life. This is the reason why I was born. And meeting you was another godsend gift in this life. I love you but I love this country too." I held her hand and kissed it.

"Good. I don't want you renouncing the whole country just for me. This land needs you more than me." She bit her lower lip like she wanted to say more but something was preventing her.

"But I need you, babe. I don't want to marry just anyone else. I wandered around the entirety country not just to be with common people, I was looking for a lady who I could fall in love with. A lady who is willing to sacrifice everything just for her loved ones. A lady who can be with a simple man and is ready to trade everything just to be with him. A lady who could look at me even though my clothes were dirty. That was all you, Sinnea. I will not marry unless it's you I will wait at the altar," I said, finally.

She giggled. "Thank you for the praises. I don't know what to say but I really want to talk to the queen. Why she did do that to me? Why she would pretend not to know you and engage me with his mysterious son which is you? I don't understand why she messed with my feelings."

"It's my fault, babe. She made a promise to me a long time ago that whatever happens, she will not blow up my cover, I will stay hidden until the time comes when I want to reveal myself. And then, I told her about you. I told her that I already met the future queen of our kingdom and it was you. She just made sure that you will not marry another man other than me. I apologize, babe. I know it was so hard for you to choose. That was just a part of her test of you," I clarified and touched her cheek.

She rolled her eyes.

Damn! That gesture really turns me on. I like it when she does that.

"So, did I pass her test?" she asked and smirked.

"With flying colors, babe. You amazed her. Although, she didn't like what you did at the end of the season. She said you embarrassed me, but I said it was her fault because she tormented you." I clasped her hand and made her sit on my bed.

She looked around as if she was examining my place. "I was right when I thought you were not an ordinary person since the day we met. But who you really are surprised me."

I would understand if she didn't want to marry me after all of this. "Why did you decide to talk to me after 2 months of shooing me away?"

She sighed and shook her head. "This is really an unforeseen plan. I don't have a plan to talk to you anytime soon but looks like fate has a different plan for me. I decided to talk to you because--"

The door harshly opened interrupting her words. The King and queen entered my room with haste. Sinnea and I stood up still in awe at their presence.

"What is she doing here?" the queen asked me.

I covered her with my body. "She is my visitor, Your Majesty."

"You don't invite your visitor into your chamber, Prince Arthur." She put up an eyebrow.

"Please, mother. We are talking about us, don't break in," I said almost begging.

"I told you to forget her and find another noblewoman to marry. She left you already and now she's here again. For what? For what reason she would talk to you again after--"

"I am pregnant," Sinnea said loudly cutting my mother's words.

I looked at her, shocked. "What?"

"You what?" That was my father.

"Now you're what?" my mother asked while glaring.

She started crying. "I am two months pregnant. I just found out this day when I went to the doctor because I got dizzy and couldn't walk properly. Sorry if I am messing with your lives again."

I turned to my parents and pointed at the door. "Leave."

"What? Are you kicking us out? We want to hear the news too!" my mother said.

"I said leave, your presence isn't required by the situation. Leave now," I said with authority.

They didn't have a choice but to do what I said. After they left my room, I faced Sinnea who was wiping her tears.

"Are you okay? What did the doctor say?" I made her sit on the bed once again making sure she was comfortable.

"I am pregnant, I told you already. It is a healthy pregnancy. What if they don't believe me that this is your child?" She sobbed.

"I believe you. I know that I am your only one. Please, stop crying." I bit my lower lip and deterred myself from smiling too wide. "I am going to be a father. Thank you, babe. I love you so much." I kissed her forehead and embraced her.

"So sorry for being too prideful. I should have forgiven you earlier. I love you too. Please, help me raise this baby. I want a happy family for him or her," she said and fondled my chest.

"I promise. But you have to marry me." I cracked up. I am so happy right now.

"I will marry you. Not just because of the baby, but because I love you too and I couldn't imagine myself living with another man." She looked up at me and kissed my lips.

That's all I wanted to hear. I'll marry her and make her the Queen of St. Eadfrid Evermund, my wife, the mother of my children, and my life.

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.