‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Chapter 19‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

Obligations and Responsibilities

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

It was a catastrophe, at least, for me. The whole kingdom triumphed after Arthur revealed himself to them. Some people can't believe that they actually worked with the Crowned Prince before. I feel like the crowd stole him from me. It was heartbreaking to see that now, people beginning to notice him and get his attention. I will probably miss those days when everything with him was just normal.

"Sinnea, you haven't eaten since last night. I am worried about you," my mama said when she entered my room with a tray of breakfast in her hand.

"I am not in the mood to eat, mama." I was goggling at the ceiling thinking of what should I do next.

"No, you have to eat or do I need to feed you by myself? You are not a baby anymore. I know that it is hard for you to accept things but it is what it is. Arthur is the Crowned Prince, he couldn't change just because you don't want him to be one. A lot of people need him, our country needs him. If he decided to abdicate the crown, everything would fall apart. Do you want that to happen?"

I looked at my mother who was examining me intently. Tears start to fall in my eyes once again, I don't want to cry anymore.

"He still told untruth words to me, mama. Why is it so hard for people to tell the truth? I trusted him, I gave him my all, my body, my heart, and my life. I was so ready to be with him. He has a lot of time to tell me, I asked him several times since we got together. I even stood up for him and I almost disrespected you and papa. I was willing to do anything for him. Why can't he do the same thing for me?" I was weeping really hard. I can literally hear my heart breaking into tiny pieces.

"Oh, my darling. Maybe, he was just terrified." She caressed my back.

"That's not an excuse. I was frightened too, mama, but I fought for him even though I would ruin my own family. He was a coward, he was not scared. He was a coward!" I went back to my bed and cried myself again.

Mama didn't say anything again and just left the food on the table beside my bed. I spent 2 months grieving that day. Call me anything you want but it truly shattered me apart. I will never have the life I told him about. The life in his cabin, the grilled fish, the simple life beside the mountain, impossible!

"Prince Arthur helped Malcolm to get away with Princess Thea. They were not engaged anymore!" Ingrid happily announced to me one morning.

I nodded. "Good for him and you also."

A sigh came out of her mouth. "Aren't you happy for me? It means I have a chance to be with the prince again."

I showed her a little smile. "I am happy."

"Oh, come on, Sinnea! I know you very well. We grew up together and don't you think you can fool me. I think Prince Arthur is still waiting for you to come to your senses. Your mother told me that he came here several times just to talk to you but you didn't want to face him." She held my hand. "It's been months, Sinnea. Give him a chance to explain himself."

I looked away and got my hands back from her. "It is so easy for all of you to say that. I gave him so many chances before. I don't care anymore, he had his chance and he wasted it."

The Fernsby Garden was too nice to talk about that coward. Ingrid came here to console but it seemed like she was siding with him too.

"Okay, just don't let yourself get drowned with pride. It will not help you to get through things, it will just engulf you even more. I want to see my happy best friend once again. How about we visit the new amusement park in the downtown? I heard it has a lot of delicious food." She smiled and raised her eyebrows at me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Okay, I'll get dressed."

I stood up and I was about to step away from her, suddenly, I got dizzy and I almost got out of my balance.

"Are you okay?" Ingrid worriedly held my arm.

My palm rested on my forehead trying to calm myself down. "I'm dizzy." My sight was wobbling around and I couldn't make a step.

"Take a seat, I'll call your mother. That's what you get when you don't take care of yourself." She still has time to lecture me before calling my mother.

I closed my eyes and tried to stop my dizziness, but it just got worse. All of a sudden, I felt like I was going to puke. I gagged so many times and my eyes became watery. What is happening to me? Am I getting sick again?

"Hurry!" I heard Ingrid and felt him beside me. "Oh, no! She is so pale, Mrs. Fernsby. And her hands are cold too!"

"Let's bring her to the hospital. She needs to be checked. Maybe, her body cannot cope with her anymore." That was my mother.

Someone lifted me and they put me inside our car. The next thing I knew, I woke up in the hospital bed. Right, I get hospitalized because of my stubbornness.

I groaned and held my temple.

"Sinnea," my mama called me and I felt her presence beside me.

"Mama, I am thirsty," I told her, almost a whisper.

"Okay, don't move. I'll get you some water to drink. Nothing is hurting, right?" she asked while pouring water on a glass.

"I'm fine, mama." I tried to smile but I think I just gave her a faint one.

She helped me sit down and sipped the water. I felt refreshed after doing that. I wanted to go back to sleep but when I saw how my mother gaped at me, it made me wonder what happened to me.

"Am I sick, mama? Am I going to die?" I asked her.

She was stunned at first but later, she burst out laughing. "No, you are very healthy, my darling. But I think what doctors found out will surprise you for real." She bit her lower lip.

"What is it?" Now, I am so curious.

She sighed. "Are you using protection when you and Arthur having sex?"

I frowned and shook my head. I was so slow and it took me minutes to figure out what was happening to me. My jaw dropped while looking at my mother who was just smiling and stroking my back.

"I am pregnant!" That's not even a question. I was so certain.

"Yes, you are, darling. Eight weeks pregnant to be exact. And now, I am very sure that you have to speak to the father of your child. You are carrying a very important baby," she said and embraced me.

I cried in my mother's arms while thinking of what I was doing these past months. My god! I don't even eat on time!

"I'm sorry, mama," I uttered.

"Don't say that. I am so happy for you. My baby girl was not really a baby girl anymore. You are having a baby." She kissed my forehead.

Later on, my father arrived and he was just delighted with the news too. They urged me to talk to Arthur anytime soon because he deserves to know about our baby.

So, here I am, sitting on an exquisite sofa and waiting for him to finish with his country obligations before facing me, his new responsibility.

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.