‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Chapter 6‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

Lost With His Kiss

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

I examined myself by the reflection in the mirror. Fulfillment arose on my face when I saw how startling I was wearing a dress my momma bought for me. This is my first social season and I already have a man in my arms.

The ring on my finger glistens in the sunlight coming from my window. Arthur gave me this ravishing platinum ring with a diamond in the middle. Looking at this made me realize that Arthur wasn't just a typical man, he probably came from a wealthy clan. He just doesn't tell anyone.

"You look incredible, Duchess Ingrid. Are you ready to meet the prince?" I combed her curly hair using an expensive brush.

She was wearing a graceful white puff-sleeve flowy dress that praises her figure very well, partnered with a hairband that was designed with genuine freshwater pearls. Ingrid looks like an angel sent from above.

"I want to have a ring too, like yours," she said and pouted her lips while glancing at my hand where the ring was.

"I'm confident you will get a husband before the season ends. No one can withstand your charm, my lady. Besides, Arthur and I will help you with the prince. Let's just enjoy the season, shall we?" I bit my lower lip thinking that I would enjoy it more than her.

For an eighteen-year-old girl, this is my sole fantasy. This is the only chance I have and the season hasn't even begun but I already have a husband with me. My momma will be thrilled if she finds out about this. Though, I cannot tell them the good news just yet because of Arthur's mysteriousness. I need to find out who really he is before I can tell my family that I am getting married to him.

"I am so anxious, Sinnea. What if they don't like me? What if I look hideous for them?" She was already panicking on our way to the palace.

"Don't think that way. It will influence your performance all the way through. Think positive, Duchess. Hear me, you are gorgeous and everyone likes you." I held her hand and helped her to calm down.

She took a deep breath. "Okay, I am beautiful and everyone likes me."

"That's it." I dabbed her shoulders and peeked back where I saw another car behind ours.

Guess who is the driver of that BMW car?

Arthur! Is he the driver or the owner? How rich is this man?!

"Do you own that car?" I asked Ingrid.

"I don't think so. Daddy loves Roll-Royce cars. He didn't own any cars from the other companies," she said while staring at the car behind us too.

So, if that car wasn't from the Whitelock, then presumably it is Arthur's property!

"Arthur is really something," Ingrid said while shaking her head in disbelief.

Not just something! He is more than just a gardener who has connections!

"We're here, Your Grace," the driver announced.

"Okay, here goes nothing," she spoke and waited for the driver to open the car's door.

"Just be yourself, Ingrid," I whispered to her ears before we got out of the car.

The Queen's Garden transformed into a big fairytale world. I didn't anticipate this to be magnificent but looks like I underestimated this season. Good thing that my dress is a light pink floral a-line cut dress, it suits the venue and the theme.

"Hi," Arthur welcomed me with a big and proud smile on his lips.

"Hello," I said shyly. I don't know what to do with him.