‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Chapter 3‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

A Prince and A Stranger

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

"I don't remember, Sinnea," Ingrid responded when I asked her about Arthur.

"Are you sure that you don't know any man named Arthur in the manor?" I am still thinking of our kiss last night.

"Ask our butler, Mr. Smith," she said and pointed at the man who was instructing the maids.

Never mind, I don't care. He must be really a trespasser and probably a burglar. But that is impossible, the manor is highly secured and the guards are from the known security company of St. Eadfrid Evermund.

"Why are you asking about that man? Did something happen?" Ingrid peeked at me.

I shook my head. "I just hear his name around the manor."

She shrugged her shoulders and resumed watching the makeup tutorial on her phone. Ingrid was really persistent in learning to do her makeup on her own. That's a good thing and a must to learn when you are a noble who has a face to maintain.

I don't rely on makeup that much but I learned to put them appropriately when I was in boarding school. It was a fun experience but I don't use it very often.

"You are lying when you told me you are not wearing any makeup, aren't you?" Ingrid uttered and pouted her lips while her eyes were darted at me intently.

"I wasn't fibbing. Why would I lie about that?" I scowled.

She frustratingly combed her hair with her fingers harshly and cried. "I envy people who are still looking good even without makeup! This is so unjust!"

Ingrid's insecurity is her acne-prone skin which causes her face to be uneven and discolored.

"Prince Malcolm will never pay attention to me if I continue looking like a loser. He said that he doesn't like girls who wear too much makeup but still look so enchanting and adorable." She wept and tossed her makeup across the room.

I rubbed the back of my head while thinking of words that may calm her down.

"Duchess Ingrid, there is nothing wrong with you. Your face is totally normal because you are a human and not a doll. If he doesn't like you for being you, then maybe, he is not the one for you." I fondled her shoulder and wiped her tears. "When the Social Season comes, all you need to do is to be yourself. You don't want to waste your time pretending to be someone who isn't you."

She sniffed. "The prince, I like him so much, Sinnea. You know that, right? Since childhood, I have admired him, and up until now, nothing has changed. I am still into him. I need to get his attention and be his spouse. I need to be that woman who will walk down the aisle toward him," She grabbed my hand. "Help me, Sinnea. Please, I need you."

I sighed and gently nodded my head. "I told you. I will always be here no matter what."

An idea unexpectedly popped up in my mind. "What if we mail him a letter? An anonymous letter. What do you think?"

Her face illuminates for a second and comes back again to being unhappy." The only issue is that I don't know how to compose a letter. A love letter per se."

"I'll write the letter, you think of the things you wanted to say to him," I suggested.

She quickly agreed and smiled. "My gratitude for you is beyond words can describe. I am very fortunate to have you, Sinnea." She embraced me.

She opened the cabinet on her table and brought out a refined paper and probably a costly pen.

"Let's start." I put up my hair in a ponytail and began writing the beginning statement of the letter.