‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Chapter 2‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

The Man Who Stole A Kiss

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

St. Eadfrid Evermund is a small kingdom in the west consisting of seven Grand duchies and ten minor houses. My family belongs to the minor house, The House of Fernsby as my father and grandfather played notable roles in the parliament and served the King and Queen during the war.

The Whitelock Family was one of the wealthiest and most reputable families in the country and they possessed lots of businesses and lands. One of those precious properties is the Duchy of Winwood. And that is why Ingrid is one of the prospects to wed one of the princes.

"I hope we can already meet the Crowned Prince. No one knows what he looks like or even his name," Ingrid told me while we were preparing her bed.

"I'm sure this year's Social Season will be the grandest one. The Crowned Prince is already at the right age to marry and he needs to show up unless he wants to pass the crown to his younger brother, Prince Malcolm." I fixed her bed and put the pillows where she wanted them to be.

"Prince Malcolm will be a great catch too. He is still a prince, less the crown. And he is very exquisite too, can't you see his character? It's praiseworthy. I like it." Her eyes were gleaming the instant we conversed about Prince Malcolm.

"I guess you already had a preference for your prince. You don't want to be a queen?" I questioned her.

She shook her head. "That's a lot of obligations. You know me, Sinnea, I am so clumsy and I can't even decide by myself. I am just happy to be uncomplicated and free from anything."

If her father hears her, she will be chastised. Her family expects too much from her. She needs to win the Crowned Prince's heart as much as possible.

"I have faith in you, Ingrid. Don't be too tough on yourself. You will do well this time. I'll help you get your prince and your dream happy ever after just like in the fairytale books we used to read back then, I promise." I gave her an assuring smile before she tucked herself into bed.

My bedroom was just a few feet away from hers and I'm still not sleepy. I chose to wander around in their garden, it was almost the size of a local park. The moon shining so luminous that it is sufficient enough to light the entirety of the garden.

"My first day wasn't as bad as I assumed it would be. I will get used to this life instantly."

I quit talking and I glanced around when I gave attention to a rustling sound that I am so sure wasn't because of the wind.

"Who's there?" I made an effort to stay calm as much as I could while lurking around attempting to track down that something or someone.

"Who are you talking to? Are you talking to yourself?"

A man came out from the trunk of a large tree.

"Who are you? Why are you here?" I questioned him without revealing any fear.

"Arthur. I'm Arthur," he responded and stepped in front of me.

Just Arthur, no surname, no title, nothing!

Because it was twilight, I could not completely see his face, but I could tell how tall he was and that his body was well-endowed one. What I noticed more is that he has a pointed nose and clean-cut hair. He was wearing very decent apparel and his hands were in his pockets.

"Why are you here?" I asked him for the second time still not backing down my defense.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Just wandering around, breathing fresh air, and then I saw you."