‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Chapter 4‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

The Search Is Over

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

Everyone is busy preparing for today as the Social Season is approaching so fast. I prepared my lady's garments, dresses, accessories, and all the things she would need for that week-long event.

Forgetting Arthur was the hardest thing for me to do as I got to see him every single time around the manor. And every time our eyes have a chance to meet, there's a playful smile lurking around his face as if he was taunting me and reminding me of what he did to me last time.

"Sinnea?" Ingrid called me when Arthur was about to walk towards me.

Oh, thank God!

"Yes, my lady?" I faced her and was stunned in disbelief when her face looked very different. It's a good kind of different honestly.

"Am I doing it right?" she asked while squeezing her palm.

I gave him an approving nod and smiled. "You did incredible, my lady. You are improving a lot."

This time, her makeup was not too thick, just enough to highlight the beautiful features of her complexion and hide the imperfections.

"Finally! I've been doing this for more than an hour. It took me years to perfect this look," she said in relief. "Oh, Art!"

My heart began to thump abnormally when I saw Arthur glance at us and start to walk in our direction. What the!

"My lady." He lightly bowed his head and then gave me a glimpse. "Lady Sinnea, it is a nice afternoon, doesn't it?"

"Do you know each other?" Duchess Ingrid asked and darted us with suspicious eyes.

"No!" I opposed.

"Yes!" he agreed.

We said that in unison making me so pissed at him once again. I thought it would be a terrific day for me. Wrong, Sinnea! You curse your luck.

"He's Arthur, I told you he was working here," I told Ingrid with frustration.

"Oh, I didn't know that Arthur is his real name. People here called him Art most of the time." Ingrid shrugged her shoulders.

I liked to roll my eyes at both of them but I halted myself from doing that because we were outside of the manor and everyone was looking after us.

"You look different today, Duchess Ingrid," Arthur said praising the naive duchess.

"Thank you, Art. Your praises flatter me so much." Ingrid touched her face while looking down.

"Yeah, right," I whispered and jerked my lips.

If only Ingrid knew what kind of man Arthur was. He is an incredible pretender and I can't believe that he can be as delicate as he is right now. Grabbing a woman's ass without her consent is inexcusable.

"Are you okay, Lady Sinnea? Is there something wrong?" Arthur asked making me want to beat him more in the face or bang him again in his crotch.

"I'm fine." I gave him a fake smile.

He just chortled and continued to gape at me. I looked away because his eyes were thawing the ice inside me. This shouldn't be happening at all. I don't want him to flirt with me 'cause I have to find a noble and very wealthy man! He wasn't qualified!

"You two look good together!" Ingrid said.

"Ew!" I scowled. "What makes you think that I could go along with him?" I look at Arthur with disdain.

"I should be the one asking that, Lady Sinnea. Why would I date a woman that looks like you?" He laughed.

My head wanted to blow up in anger and all of a sudden, my self-control snapped!

"Oh, really? That's not what I heard a few days ago when you purposely smacked my ass and kissed me without my permission!" I said that I totally regretted it after I realized that Ingrid was listening intently.

I fixed my stance. "You heard nothing, my lady." I cleared my throat and peeked at Arthur who couldn't quit himself from laughing which humiliated me more.

"Why? He obviously likes you, Sinnea. You should try dating each other. The Social Season will arrive soon, I'll tell my father to give you two a break," she excitedly said and clapped her hands thinking she had done something good.

She wasn't a promising matchmaker at all!

"I'd rather die as a virgin woman than to be with this walking dick!" I said what I said because that's what I am feeling right now.

"Language, Lady Sinnea. You are inside the manor," Arthur warned me.

I rolled my eyes at him, he doesn't like it when I do that. Pissing him is my revenge because grabbing his ass wasn't a good idea.

"Come on, girl! Loosen up a bit. Arthur is a nice man." Ingrid shoved me to Arthur.

I almost lost my balance, but thankfully, I didn't. I will never fall for this man.

"Let's just move on, Duchess Ingrid. My mind is already decided. I'll get a wealthy man, probably from one of the Great Duchy, good-looking-"

"I am more than good-looking!" Arthur cut my words.

I ignored him. "Gentleman." I looked at Arthur. "And smells good."

"I did smell good." He went near me and made me smell his sweaty armpit.

"You are a disgusting being!" I pushed him away.

They just cracked up at my reaction thinking it was a good joke. I walked out and sprinted inside my chamber. It wasn't a good attitude to leave the duchess on her own but I couldn't maintain my composure anymore.

And the fact that Arthur's presence is affecting me big time is concerning me. To be honest, he is really my type. He wasn't a gentleman at all which I thought I wanted my man to be but, things in me started to change when I met him. I'm so fucked up!

"Arthur is new here in the manor. I heard that he worked too with other Grand Duchies and only lasted for four months because he was resigning," Ingrid said even though I wasn't asking for any of it. "This is his last week here. It's been four months since he applied to be a gardener."

I just nodded and somehow felt unhappy because of the news. I should be delighted, right? He is a pain in the ass and he is leaving soon.

"You should speak with each other properly. Maybe, he is the one you are looking for." Ingrid yawned and shut down her eyes.

It is her bedtime and it's time for me to leave her chamber. Just like the past other nights, I couldn't feel any tiredness. Walking around the park would make me feel good. This become my habit.

"Penny for your thoughts."

As expected, Arthur is here too, watching the stars and moon. Late-night talks with him are a crucial part of this routine of mine. I will miss him--I mean, I will miss this for sure.

"You should have told me that you are about to leave soon, I could have been nicer." I sighed.

"Well, I am not planning to leave anytime soon," he said.

My eyes widen. "Why?"

He made me face him. He held my arm and lightly tickled my face. "You are my type, Sinnea. You are the one that I want. My years of search have finally come to an end."

"What?" I could not comprehend his words.

"Love at first sight truly exists. Where have you been all this time?" He continued touching my arm and cheek.

My breathing became unstable. "W-what are you talking about? I was in boarding school."

He grinned. "Great. Good thing you did. You are very ready to be my wife," he said making me shudder.

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.