‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Chapter 13‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

Hoped For Something Unreal

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

Ingrid embraced me and frowned at Arthur after we arrived at the manor. I chuckled at her reaction to my boyfriend...yes, he wanted me to call him my boyfriend.

"Don't ever hurt my friend again, Art! I am warning you," Ingrid seriously uttered while pointing her finger at Arthur.

"I assure you, my lady." Arthur can't help but laugh at my friend's face.

"Stop it, you two. I still have a major problem. I know it is a blessing to be engaged to the Crowned Prince but not for me," I whispered because anyone could hear what I said.

"Why don't you just tell your parents about what you really feel? If they really care about your family, they will consider your sentiments and lifetime happiness because you are a family to them." Ingrid tapped my shoulders. "I'm sorry, Sinnea. That's all that I can say to you as advice, telling the truth will probably make a difference somehow."

"And remember, whatever happens, you have me," Arthur said and smiled.

"Me too!" Ingrid frowned once again.

I let out a deep sigh. "Thank you, I really do. But it was easier to say than done. I don't want to disappoint my father. My mother was so happy when she found out about the news." I bit my lower lip.

Arthur frustratingly combed his hair and harshly breathed.

This is hard for him too. Anytime, I could break apart and leave him. The uncertainty of our relationship makes him worry. Choosing him is still very hard for me to do.

"You must get ready, my lady. You have an event to attend and your prince is waiting for you." I smiled at Ingrid who was pouting her lips the whole time.

"Seeing you like this makes me sad too," she told me and held my arm.

"It is a crucial event for you and we must go. This is the fourth day of the season and three more days to finally find out who will be the next queen and soon-to-be Duchess of Eldritch. We can meet the Crowned Prince too, finally!" I made my voice ecstatic enough to lift her spirit.

"I will be the new Duchess of Eldritch and you will be the future queen, that's for sure," she confidently said.

I waved at Arthur goodbye as we walked inside the manor to prepare the duchess for her event. I think it will be the day that Prince Malcolm will choose his bride. I have to make duchess Ingrid so pretty that the prince will never look at other girls.

"You really outdid yourself, Sinnea. Is this really me?" She touched her face while facing the mirror.

I made sure that her look for today would emphasize her beautiful features. Duchess Ingrid has round bright eyes, her bunny cheeks, and her small lips make her look younger than she was. A simple make-up look will make her shine more.

"It is still you, my lady." I readied her clothes.

Her dress, I think it would be proper to say that this is a gown, is a pink shimmering one with a sweetheart neckline and off-shoulder sleeves. Her curly hair was tied up in a bun to emphasize her sharp shoulders.

"You never failed to make me beautiful," she said and turned around.

"You're welcome, duchess. I'm just doing my job as your lady-in-waiting." I bowed my head.

"You are not just a lady-in-waiting for me. You are my best friend and sister. You are part of my family." She held my hand and we started walking towards the main foyer of the manor.