‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Chapter 12‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

The Moon and The Stars

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

"I'm hungry," I said to him when I heard my stomach growling.

It was already 3 in the afternoon and I just realized that I hadn't eaten yet since I came back from the palace.

"Let's catch our food?" Arthur said and held my hand.

"Catch?" I frowned.

"In the river, I'll catch our food. Do you eat fish?" He glanced at me.

"Of course, I am." I rolled my eyes and scowled.

"Do that again and I'll take you again in my bed." He smirked and raised his eyebrow.

I bit my lower lip, it's not that I don't want to make love with him, it's just tiring and I'm starving!

"I'm famished! I need to eat real food, not you!" I chuckled at his reaction.

We went back to the river and thankfully, Vino was still there, relaxing under the shade of the tree. Ingrid's gonna kill me if I lost her beloved horse.

"How can we catch a fish? I don't see it," I said as I peeked at the shallow stream.

"Just wait, have a little patience, Lady Sinnea." He was holding a big stick with a pointy end in his hand.

He positioned himself on my back and made me hold the stick together with his hand.

"Look." He pointed at the stone under the water. There's a big fish stuck on it. "That will be our food, babe," he said.

He aimed the stick and threw it at the poor fish. He laughed when he caught the fish and proudly pointed at it.

"You're good at it!" I clapped my hands in delight.

He showed me the fish that was still on the stick. "Here's our lunch, my lady. And we will eat it grilled." He handed it to me.

"Okay, I'm excited," I said while looking at the fish still battling for its life.

"You never had a grilled fish?" he asked while getting tiny branches from the tree.

"I mean, not like this. I never grill my own food." I watched him making fire using those branches he had.

He looks like he was used to doing this kind of thing and that makes him more attractive to me. I love how his biceps flex every time he snaps the branch.

"Come on, help me cook our food," he said and tapped the big rock beside him.

I don't know why I feel so happy right now. Maybe, at the back of my mind, this is the life that I wanted to live.

"It is too early for sunset," I uttered when I saw the sun coming down.

"It's the winter solstice, the night is much longer than the day," Arthur explained.

I clutched his arm and felt his warmth. "I want to stay like this with you, forever. This is the life that I want, of course, with you."

I heard him sigh. "We can't."

"Yeah." My voice shakes the instant I realize that it was merely a fantasy.

"I'm sorry," he said.

I shook my head. "It's not your fault. If only I had the gut to say no and turn my back on my family, I would choose to be with you. It's my fault, I should have pushed you away from the very beginning."

"You know I won't let you do that." He flipped the fish from his improvised grilling pan.

"Yeah, you are too prying. You can't get enough of my ass." I chortled and looked up at him.