‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Chapter 18‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

Same But So Different

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

"I can live in your cabin on the mountain if we need to lie low after this. Grilled fish will be my favorite food from now on," I whispered to Arthur while he was watching me getting ready for the event.

He just smiled and sighed. "I'll like that too."

"I can't wait to tell the queen my decision." I put the last hair clip on my hair and turned around to face him. "How do I look?"

"Fascinating as always," he uttered and kissed my forehead. "I have to go first but I will make sure I am the first one you will see there."

"Okay, be safe. I love you," I said and kissed his lips before he went out of my room.

I looked at myself once again in the mirror. Being a queen is a dream for most of the women in the world, but for me, marrying the love of life is the greatest gift I could receive. Arthur is my happiness and the thought of leaving him for good makes me sick.

"Ready?" my father when I went downstairs.

"Born ready, papa." I chuckled.

"You are really a Fernsby, darling." Mama smiled at me and held my hand.

To be honest, I don't feel worried at all. Just thinking of the possibility of having Arthur for the rest of my life really thrills me. That was my ambition when I was a child, to have a man like Papa with my mama.

"Your decision may eradicate our family, but seeing you miserable destroys me more than anything." Papa sighed. "Promise me that you will be happy with Arthur. And if anything does not go well with your relationship with him, you can always go home." He embraced me and kissed my forehead.

I am so blessed that they are my parents. They give me too much love more than I deserve as their daughter. I always that I have a family to go to.

"The Fernsby is here," the butler announced and let us into the indoor event place inside the palace.

"Your Royal Highness, this way." One of the chaperones assisted me away from my family.

"What? I am not a part of the Royal Family. Don't address me like that. And I don't want to sit away from my family," I whispered to him.

"I'm sorry, my lady. This is the Crowned Prince's order." He pointed to the seat behind me and I had no choice but to take that.

I am just in front of the Royal Family and behind me are the representatives of the Great Duchies. I don't feel good at all, it seems like I am taking all the spotlight to me.

Where is Arthur?

"Finally, I saw you."

I almost jumped on my seat when someone sat beside me. It was Arthur and he was dressed elegantly. I almost think that he is the Crowned Prince based on his clothes.

"Hi, my lady," he said while catching his breath.

"Where have you been? You said you were the first one I would see here." I pouted my lips and stared at his fully-groomed face.

He looks so different right now as if I am staring at a different version of my Arthur. His hair is neatly combed and waxed up, and his clothes for I know were not for an ordinary individual. I completely forget that I know nothing about this man and seeing him like this makes me wonder about his societal standing.

"Are you okay? Do you feel nervous?" He caressed my face. Worry is very evident in his face.

"I'm fine. You look very handsome. Your hair suits you and your clothes look expensive." I even saw that it has a gold thread. What the?!

"Thank you. I thought I would look terrible." He chuckled.

Before I could say anything, the trumpets started to make noise, signaling everyone to stand up. The Royal Family entered the event hall. Prince Malcolm is with Princess Thea. Ingrid didn't attend the event because her father didn't want to. I heard Arthur let out a deep sigh and constantly biting his lips. He doesn't look alright to me.

"It's a pleasure to see all of you as we come to an end to this very special season. We all feel that this year's Social Season is kind of different from the other ones we had in the past years. Prince Malcolm found the woman he would marry, Princess Thea. And their union was also the union of the two great kingdoms. We can all look forward to the brighter future of our beloved home, St. Eadfrid Evermund, as we continue its legacy," the king proudly said while looking at the crowd.

"And that's not all. Last year, we made a promise to let you all meet the future king of our kingdom, the Crowned Prince. It was not our choice to hide his identity from all of you. It was all his wish and granting it was very hard for us, but we did for the sake of his mission. Unbelievably, his identity wasn't a secret to all of you." The Queen smiled and glanced at us. "He roamed around in every duchy the kingdom has, in every house, and every part of our country. He was there observing people, living with them like an ordinary person to study what a normal citizen strives to live in our home, and, of course, looking for the right woman who will accompany him as the future ruler of the kingdom."

The king chuckled. "He did a great hiding himself from all of you and up until now, you can't even notice his presence."

"But, my dear son, it's time for you to reveal yourself. The people are ecstatic to finally meet you, not just an ordinary person, but their ruler." The Queen looked at me and nodded.

What is happening here?

I glanced at Arthur. His eyes darted to the king and queen as if he was waiting for them to say something. He let go of my mind and looked at me intently.

"I'm sorry, Sinnea," he whispered huskily.

I frowned and watched him blink several times. "Why are you saying sorry?"

"Because I can't give you the life you want us to live. I'm sorry for lying and deceiving you," he said. "My brother needs me, my mother, and my father. And this kingdom."

"Prince Arthur, Crowned Prince of St. Eadfrid Evermund, Duke of Wetherell," King announced and then Arthur stood up.

What?!

Arthur looked down at me and handed me his palm. "Come on, babe."

I was stunned by his revelation and I realized that he was fooling me all this time. I had a hard time and my family suffered emotionally just for all of these lies!

"No!" I looked away as my tears fell down.

"Sinnea! Come on!" he said with full authority still not withdrawing his hand.

"No!" I shook my head. "You lied to me! I can't believe it."

I don't care how many people are watching us right now. I cannot contain my anger anymore, I'm gonna explode anytime soon. I need to get out of here before I make my family's reputation dirty.

I left that place. I ran as fast as I could. He probably ordered the guards not to stop me. Yeah, right! His the Crowned Prince! He is our future king, the same man I was engaged to before, the same man I was forced to marry, the same man that I love, the same man but a different person now.

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.