‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Chapter 10‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

At the Foot of the Mountain

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

"I am here for the Queen," I said to one of the Royal Guards in front of the gates of the Palace.

"Your name, lady," he requested as he browsed one of the documents in his hands.

"Sinnea Fernsby from the House of Fernsby."

He glanced at me with questioning eyes, I mean, everyone would do the same thing if they saw me like this. I cried the whole night and I didn't even care to look like a panda when visiting the queen. My eyes are swollen, and probably my face too.

They opened the gates for me and a butler guided me to the Queen's Garden. I was only expecting the queen and her lady-in-waiting, but to my astonishment, my papa and mama were there too with her.

"Sinnea," my mother called me and pulled me in a tight hug after.

"Mama, what are you doing here?" Still in awe, I managed to hug her back. Missing her was one of the things that made me unhappy.

"The Queen called us, you are marrying the Crowned Prince," she said full of excitement.

"Charlotte, let your daughter speak to the queen," my father firmly but the joy was very evident on his face.

What is happening? I didn't even make my decision yet.

"Your Majesty." I made a curtsy before proceeding to my question. "Why are my parents here?"

She smiled. "To formally disclose to them the great news. I decided that you are a fit for my eldest son who is the Crowned Prince. His absence probably overwhelms you but trust me, you two will rule the St. Eafrid Evermund perfectly."

"But..." I wanted to protest but seeing the smiles on my parents' faces stopped me.

"Thank you for your praise, Your Majesty. This is certainly wonderful news for our family. Thank you for your kindness to our daughter. It's her first Social Season yet you already see her potential," my papa said while looking at me.

I forced myself to smile. I guess I have to say goodbye to Arthur. I didn't even have a chance to tell him what I really felt for him.

"I'm so happy for you, my sweetheart. You are the future queen, you don't even realize how amazing that is." My mother kissed my forehead as we rode our way to Winwood's Manor.

"The news overwhelms me, mama. The Crowned Prince, I don't even know his face or his name." What if he is not good-looking and smells so bad?!

"Eventually, you will get to know your future husband and the future king. He couldn't stay hiding forever, he had to rule the kingdom. Everything will be alright, sweetheart. Just trust the process."

Trusting things that you don't want in the first place is the hardest thing to do. How can I assure myself that everything's gonna be alright if I want to run away from it from the very beginning?

"I heard the news, congratulations to the Fernsby." Lord Philip welcomed us and Ingrid looked at me with concern.

"Thank you, Lord Philip. It was really a surprise, I thought my daughter did a horrible thing inside the palace until the queen told the news." My father shook hands with his old friend.

"In no time, our family will be seeing each other more often. I think my daughter has a great chance to marry Prince Malcolm."

They made a good laugh, but I didn't. I stayed silent until Ingrid moved toward me and dragged me out of the scene.

"What happened? Why are you marrying the Crowned Prince? What happened to Arthur? I didn't see him around since yesterday," she asked.

I shook my head. "We already called off our engagement." I peeked at my finger where his ring used to be before.

"Oh, god!" Ingrid tugged me in a hug that made me cry my heart out.

"I don't know what to do anymore. I don't want to marry the Crowned Prince but my family is so happy about that news and I couldn't disagree anymore." I was so exhausted from crying but that's the only thing that I can do right now.

"Sinnea, I know how hard it is to be forced on the things you don't want to do. I have been doing that for all of my life but sometimes, I'll snap and do whatever makes me happy secretly. I'll sneak around, I'll eat a lot of unhealthy foods, I'll drown myself in alcoholic drinks, and once in a while, I'll let myself be not a noble lady just like what Elisia's doing. And for sure, without all of that and of course, my crazy sister, I probably lost myself for a long time ago. What I am saying is that, before it's finally over, do the will of your heart. It might change something in the long run." She cupped my face and wiped my tears.

"Thank you for that, Ingrid. I am so lucky that you are my best friend." I chuckled while my tears were falling.

"I guess we are soulmates. You teach me how to be strong and proper, but when it comes to emotional strength, I am here for you."

She is really the sister I never had.

"I need to see Arthur, I need to find him and tell him what I really feel for him." I bit my lower lip.

"But the problem is that we don't know where he is. He must be in the other duchy by this time," Ingrid said.

"I don't care, I need to talk to him before my freedom ends."

"I'll ask my father." Duchess Ingrid nodded as we took a separate path to find that man.

I went to his chamber and began asking the other workers there.

"I heard he was going to the cabin," his roommate said.

"What cabin?" I asked him wanting to gain more information.

"You know, the cabin near the river. At the end part of this land. Right at the foot of the mountain," he answered.

What is he doing there?!

"Alright, do you know how to get there?"

He shook his head. "It is dangerous for a lady like you to go there. Don't even try, Lady Sinnea." He even made a mocking laugh.

"Just tell me! I don't care what danger are you talking about. I need to talk to Arthur this instant!" I yelled and grabbed his collar.

He was so surprised by the strength I have. "Fine, fine! Let go of me!"

I harshly shoved him back to his bed. "Tell me now!" I couldn't waste my time anymore.

"There's already a path starting from the garden that will lead you there. It was a long walk, you can bring a horse or motorcycle if you want," he said while fixing his clothes.

"Thank you," I said and stepped out of the room.

I walked towards the garden finding the path he was talking about.

"Sinnea!" Duchess Ingrid called me. She was running while holding the rope of his horse Vino.

"I know where he is!" I told to her.

"In the cabin, right? Bring Vino with you, he is a good boy." She tapped the horse's nape.

Vino wheezed and walked near me. The duchess gave me his rope.

"Thank you, Ingrid."

"No problem, your parents were about and I said you couldn't say goodbye because I made you do something. Go now and find your heart." She embraced me and helped me ride her horse.

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.