‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Chapter 17‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

With All The Strength

₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.‧

Arthur quickly put his clothes on and got my robe after. I tried to stand up after putting on the robe but my knees started to shake, Arthur was too fast to catch me.

"What is going on in here, Sinnea?! Why are you in bed with that man?" my mother walked in front of me.

"He is my boyfriend, mama." What's the point of denying? They caught us having sex.

"But you are engaged! You are engaged with the Crowned Prince, my goodness!" She slapped her forehead and looked at me with so much disappointment.

"I was engaged with Arthur first before you decided to engage me with the Crowned Prince!" My tears fell, I was falling apart. I can almost feel that I am going to lose Arthur.

"The Queen said you agreed! Who's lying, Sinnea?" my father said with authority.

"It's the queen who manipulated us. Arthur and I were caught in a restricted area of the palace. She said they will tell you what I did, I don't want to disappoint you. She said that she won't tell you unless I agree to marry the Crowned Prince, I haven't answered her yet, I was so certain that I will say no to her. But the next morning, you were there, so happy because of the news she said. I can't do anything anymore. I don't want to marry just because of an arrangement. I want to marry for love." I faced my parents forgetting the manners I learned in the boarding school. "And I found love in Arthur's arm."

"He just manipulated you!" My father pointed at Arthur.

I shook my head. "No, papa. I love him, I really do. You said you value our family, its reputation is important to you. I am your family, papa. You have to understand that Arthur brings me happiness just like how Mama to you."

"Don't use that argument to me, young lady." He gritted his teeth.

"But I am not too young to not understand what love is." I smiled bitterly. "You don't love me at all, you just use me for our family's reputation."

"Sinnea, that's not true," Mama said and tried to hold.

"No, mama. I can feel it. You are willing to trade my happiness for the rank and reputation of the Fernsby. I love our family too, but this is the thing I don't want to do for our family. Sacrificing myself will not be worth anything." I bit my lower lip.

My father hissed. Guards of the Fernsby appeared at the door.

"Get that man, put him in jail!" papa commanded while looking at the guards and pointing at Arthur.

"No!" I held Arthur but my father harshly pulled me away from him.

"And you, young lady. You are going home!" he said and dragged me.

"Sinnea!" I heard Ingrid's voice.

"Sorry for this mess, Lord Philip," my father said when we came across the old man.

"Think carefully of what you are doing, Louis. You are hurting your daughter and bruising your family's name more than you think," Lord Philip said.

Papa didn't say anything but he continued to drag me out of the manor. Moments later, we were traveling back to our house.

"Why didn't tell us earlier, my darling?" mama asked.

"I don't want to disappoint you." I didn't look at her and the whole time, my eyes were on the road.

"Sinnea, please." Mama tried to make me look at her but I refused.

"Just let me be, mama. I don't feel well." I sobbed.