‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Chapter 8‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

Our Little Secret

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

"I'll see you later, babe. Rest well." He kissed me on the forehead before leaving my room quietly before someone in the manor noticed his disappearance.

Feeling the ache in my entire body, I wrapped myself in my warm blanket. My chamber smells like sex and all the hot stuff. My biggest crisis now is how I am supposed to function and be with Duchess Ingrid the whole day if I am sore down there. My knees are still shaking and it's been an hour since our last you know...sex.

"Arg!" I grunted. "You don't just give in like that, Sinnea! You probably looked like an easy-to-get woman in his eyes. Next time, make it hard for him!" I told to myself as I attempted to sleep.

Good thing, I got up in time before Duchess Ingrid ate her breakfast. I was trying my best to move my body normally but the duchess kept glancing at me like she knew what was going on with me.

"You seemed in pain. Are you alright?" she asked while I helped her with her dress.

"I slept in an awkward position. My legs hurt," I responded telling half of the truth.

"That's tragic. It's a big day for me, though." She got a lot of good sleep, I supposed.

The prince invited her for a lunch date. It is the second day of the Social Season and all the ladies who got to meet a man on the first day will be having a lunch date at the palace. It appears like Arthur and I are in the progressive stage of courting.

"Don't worry, I told Arthur to come with us so you don't get lonely," she said and looked at herself in the mirror. "The prince told me that he likes my hair."

We are not allowed to go inside the palace unless we have a date that is listed on the master list of the Palace Coordinators. I let out a deep sigh as I waved at the duchess being assisted by the chaperons.

"You don't look okay," Arthur said while staring at me.

"I didn't get enough sleep, that's why." I yawned.

"Do you want to get a nap?" He stroked my back.

I gave him a slight smile. "I want to but my duchess is here. I can't leave."

"Well, she told me that I can bring you anywhere while she's inside. Come on, let's get you some rest. I promise we don't need to leave the palace's premises."  He gave my lips a light kiss.

I glanced at the guards in front of us and pinched Arthur's arm.

"They don't care," he said and pulled me to stand.

We strolled around the palace and I was a bit anxious that the guards might chastise us for wandering around unattended. Surprisingly, no one cared even if they saw us entering the doors of the palace.

"See? I told you, they wouldn't care." He grinned and unlocked another door that led us to an exquisite chamber.

So this is what the palace looks like inside. A mix of contemporary and time-honored architecture of St. Eadfrid Evermund. They managed to preserve the history of this palace for a very long time. The Evermund Palace symbolized the resilience, stability, sovereignty, and liberation of the entire kingdom. It is just enthralling that even though it is just a small country, it managed to contend with the first world countries when it comes to tourism, architecture, wealth, property, and people.

He locked the door of the chamber and turned on the air conditioner.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked him while looking at him intently.