Chapter 41 - Humour Me

The second I take the shot placed in front of me, the warmth travels down my body, and I feel the weight slowly being lifted off of my shoulders. 

I quickly ordered another round and turned to face the nuisance beside me. 

Nik was pretty much bouncy off of the walls when I said I would go out with him tonight. He said that I was 'moping around too much' and 'going to become a vampire with how much I hid in my room'. 

It was bullshit. 

I wasn't 'moping' or 'hiding', I was simply to just enjoying my own company in my own room, while avoiding Sebastian to the best of my abilities. 

Ok, maybe I was hiding. 

But it wasn't like Sebastian went out of his way to come see me after the incident the other night. So I am not completely at fault. 

Honestly I felt like my 15 year old self again. It was fucking pathetic. 

I didn't know what to say to Sebastian. I didn't know what to do. And it was all because I couldn't my big fat mouth shut and he just had to prove me wrong. 

Men and their fucking egos. 

But it wasn't the fact that he made me come out in the open for anyone to see or hear that was making me revert back to my old self. It was how kind he was after it. I saw glimpses of his old self then. He wasn't the big, scary Italian Mafia Don, who is Viola Hart's enemy. For a split moment he was Emilia's Seb again, and that was seriously fucking with me. 

He was gentle and kind and almost sweet. 

After he had changed my life with that mind-blowing orgasm, he took me back into the house where we both showered in his shower. And then went to his bed, where we talked into the midst of the night, until we both fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning, Sebastian had pulled me into him at some point during the night and we were spooning. I don't think I have ever left someone's bed faster than that before. 

I hadn't seen his since then. I buried myself in my work trying to figure out who my next victims were going to be. I was killing yet another one of my rapists in less than a weeks time, and I was getting angsty waiting for the time to arrive, I had the urge to spill some blood, and the days were dragging by slower and slower each day.

Which brings me back to where I currently am. Some underground fighting rink that Nik discovered the other night and claimed that I 'had to see it' and that I 'would die with excitement'. 

To that I rolled my eyes and grabbed my car keys. There was no use fighting him when he got his sights set on something. Nikolai was the epitome of a 5 year old who wanted ice cream when their parents said no, they both won't stoping whining and crying until you give in. 

The bartender places the next round of shots in front of me and I quickly down them all again. 

I would be needing this I am going to put up with Nik's antics tonight. 

Nik placed his hands on my shoulder and shook me, "You ready girl! We are about to see some poor dude getting mutilated by The Ripper! Aren't you excited?!"

I rolled my eyes. 

"Yes so excited!", Sarcasm was dripping from my words as I faked being excited for Nik. 

The Ripper. He was fairly infamous in the underground. He was known for ripping out some dude's ear in a fight once, and from then on, he had his signature name. 

Honestly, it was a little underwhelming, but it will do for some mild entertainment tonight.

Nik groaned, "Come on! Perk up a little!"