Chapter 2 - Meeting

"You will attend the annual Mafia Gala", Dimitri explains. "Viola you must still remain with your identity, it isn't time to reveal yourself just yet, so that means you must remain calm and collected"

I roll my eyes, "When am I not calm and collected?".

Dimitri gives me an 'I'm not taking your shit right now look' and I just laugh to myself. 

"I want you both to find out as much information as you can about the French Mafia, there are many rumours arising that they are planning something big, and it is possible that the Spanish are in on it as well", Dimitri continues. 

"When do we leave?", Nikolai asks. 

"Tomorrow", Dimitri replies. 

"How long will we be gone for?", I ask

"You will be gone for about 2 weeks", Dimitri says to me. "Now go pack, you have an early flight in the morning". 

Nikolai and I nod. We both exit the room together walking to our rooms. I smile to myself knowing that my father has no idea what is coming for him. I reach my door and say goodbye to Nikolai. I walk to my closet and quickly pack my bags. Once done I enter my bathroom and turn the shower on. I strip out of my clothes and look down to see my scars. I shut down any bad memories about to resurface and jump into the shower feeling the hot water relax my body. I just stand there for a while taking comfort in the water. I finish up in the shower and get ready for bed. I feel the darkness take over my body and I once again become a victim to it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I look out the small window seeing the world look smaller than what it is. Each person is not even visible and have become like ants. I sink back further into my seat and put my drink to my lips. The liquid burns my throat as it travels down, but I don't care, I find comfort in pain. I feel the plane start to lower and I brace myself slightly for the landing. I feel a thump as we reach the ground and everything suddenly becomes larger. The plane comes to a halt and I get up from my seat and head for the door, the flight attendant bidding me goodbye as I pass her.

"Hey Vi, wait up for me!", I hear a voice call out to me. 

I put my sunglasses over my eyes and the door is then opened for me. I walk down the stairs and step onto the runway where I am greeted by a black car and a man in a black suit. 

"Hello Miss Hart and Mr Volkov, I am here to take you to your hotel", the man says, "Your bags are being put into the car now". 

I walk over to the vehicle and he opens the door for me and I step in. I pull my phone out and text Dimitri that we have landed not even realising that it is probably early morning back in Russia. Nikolai joins me in the car and starts to text away on his phone. The man sits in the drivers seat and begins to take us to our hotel. I look out the window taking in the new surroundings. I have undecided feelings on America, there are some places that I absolutely adore and then others I don't. Luckily we are in New York City, one of my favourites. 

The car stops and the man looks back at us. "I hope that you have a lovely stay Miss Hart and Mr Volkov". We nod and exit the car grabbing our belongings. We check into the hotel and grab our keys to our rooms. 

"So Viola are you ready?", Nikolai asks as we get in the elevator. 

I scoff. "Nik I was born ready for this, no need to worry about me", I say. 

He laughs, but it soon changes to a look of concern. "Are you going to be okay seeing him again?", he asks again. 

"Of course I will be", I reply with a fake smile, "As long everything goes to plan and he is dead at the end of this".