Chapter 38 - Fire

"What have you found?", I asked Dante as I walked into the dark room, filled with screens. 

It had been 2 days since the dinner at the Monet's and since then I had all of my hackers on the case of filing through everything that we had access to, trying to find something of use. So far, we hadn't had any luck. 

"Nothing too crazy yet, but I think that I'm on to a lead", Dante said with his eyes not leaving the computer screen, "It seems like Antonie has been going to the same club every single Thursday night for the past 6 months and meets with someone".

"Who?", I heard Ace ask from behind me. 

"That's what I'm trying to figure out", Dante replied, his fingers typing at a speed that I hadn't thought was possible. 

It was only seconds later when Dante spoke up again, this time his attention was solely on us, "There, found it!"

I walked over to his laptop, which played CCTV footage of Antonie leaving a room and almost immediately after him, a man came out as well. I didn't recognise him. 

"Who is he?", I asked Dante. 

Dante typed something quickly and then a profile came up.

 "Mateo Black, he's a soldier in the Spanish Mafia, has been for the past 3 years. He isn't ranked very high. He has two kids and wife that live in Spain", Dante read from his screen. 

"So why is he meeting with Antonie?", I thought out loud. 

What was he doing? 

"Where is he now?", I asked Dante. 

Dante turned his attention back to his computer again for a few moments. 

"He is currently staying in some run down motel on the other side of the city, right here", Dante pointed at the map on the screen, "Room 34". 

I looked over at Ace, "Bring him in, I want to have a little chat with this Mateo"

"You got it boss!", Ace replied before walking out of the room, leaving Dante and I all alone. 

"What else?", I asked, once I saw Dante's nervous look. 

"Last night, I had an alert that there was a breach in our security. I don't believe that they got anything and I wasn't able to locate them, but it seems to me that it was an inside job".

I blinked slowly, "So we have a mole?"

Dante nodded, "I think so".

"Has anything else been stolen?", I asked, attempting to remain calm, however on the inside I could feel the rage building with each passing second. 

Dante hesitated. 

"What? What is it?"

"Our shipment last night, the one that was meant to go to Russia was hijacked", Dante said quickly. 

"Losses?", I asked as my finger nails dug into the skin of my palms. 

"58 dead, 12 wounded and the entire shipment has gone missing", Dante stated. 

"Find out as much as you can and report back to me immediately", I ordered and walked out of the room. 

I slammed the door shut behind me and headed straight for my office. 

Fuck. 

How could this happen? 

I had a strong feeling that it was the Spanish who had done this, but I couldn't be sure. I mean I did have a lot of enemies. Which wasn't all my fault. People just needed to learn to have some fucking respect and then I wouldn't always retaliate.