Chapter 7 - Apologies

It was one of the rare times when I was actually having a restful sleep, one that wasn't haunted by memories my past, that I was rudely awakened. They weren't nightmares, because that would mean that would have been false, not a reality. But these sadly, were reality. A reality that I lived through. Anyway, enough with that silly stuff, back to how I was rudely awakened from my blissful sleep. 

The man who has become my adoptive brother, decided that it would be an absolutely grand idea to throw water over my sleeping body. Resulting in me throwing one of the daggers that I keep under my pillow into his shoulder and the other placed against his neck. This then lead to Nikolai doing his best to imitate a toddler as stomped out of the room and through the biggest tantrum I have seen a 24 year old pull ever.  He began whining about how that hurt and how I was being a bully and that he was only trying to be nice and wake me up so I wouldn't waste the entire day sleeping. To that I just rolled my eyes and pulled out my dagger from his shoulder, slapping a cloth covered in vodka on the wound. That only made his whinging worse though. Nik then claimed I had to spend the day with him doing whatever he wanted to make up for it, in hind sight I shouldn't have agreed. 

An arcade. Of all the things we could've done and all of the places we could've gone to, he choose the fucking arcade. To be honest I don't think I have even been in one these places since I was 7 years old, I mean aren't these places built for children? I guess you could say that, but only if you include a Russian over-sized, murdering man-child like Nikolai and then I guess you have filled the demographic correctly. I don't know why he even wanted to come here. He sucks at all video games. I don't even play them and I still beat him in every single game, which only made him whine even more. How I ended up with this man, I don't know, but they can have him back, I don't want him. We were playing some basketball game and you can guess it, I beat Nik once again. 

"This is so unfair!", the man-child in question whines, "I swear you have been training for this, you can't just be this good!"

I roll my eyes, "Nik, have you thought that maybe you just suck?", I say patting his shoulder. 

You would have thought that I have stabbed him again with the look of pure horror and betrayal plastered across his face, to be honest, it was almost comical, "How dare you!" 

I keep trying to hold in my laugh, "I will have you know I am quite good at these games, I am just having an off day!"

"Yeah okay buddy", I say beginning to walk away, "Come on I will buy you some ice cream to help soften the blow to your ego"

That does it. I hear Nik's footsteps quickly follow after my own, "Can I have three scoops?" 

"Sure"

"And sprinkles?"

"If you want" 

"And chocolate on top and a flake?" 

Jesus Christ, how is this man not fat?

 "Yes, Nik you can have whatever you want, but don't come whining to me when your stomach hurts" 

Like a child he crosses his arms and stomps his foot, "I am not a child!" 

I turn around raising my eyebrows at his current state. Nikolai looks down and frowns, he quickly begins walking again ahead of me, "Oh shut up". 

I laugh as I catch up to his fast steps. 

(627 words)