Chapter 28 - Freedom

The shot I had just taken burned down my throat as it travelled down. I waved down the bartender and almost immediately another set of shots were placed in front of me. 

I was escaping, and I was doing it in the only way I really knew how. By numbing it all. Stopping it all. Distracting myself from what was going on in my reality. Usually I would do this by attacking either a live or inanimate object, but tonight I decided that my means of escape would be through alcohol. 

It had been 5 days since Carlos had arrived in New York. Five days of me avoiding him at all costs. Five days of Nikolai repeatedly asking me if I was okay, which most of the time I was doing fine, but his constant badgering maybe seem less fine. Five days of pent up anxiety, anger, desperation, exhaustion, you name it, I probably had it. I needed to feel like I could breathe again. And I couldn't do that with lingering glances and pitiful eyes. I needed anything but that. Which I why I ended up in yet another club. 

I took another shot and began to feel that familiar feeling of lightness, each moment where it developed only made me feel more free. I grabbed my final shot and downed it quickly, before standing up from my seat at the bar. I slightly stumbled in my heels as I tugged down my black, silk, mini dress, concealing the weapons that littered my thighs. 

The music was so loud that I swore that I could feel it pumping through my veins. There were strobes of neon lights illuminating the overcrowded dance floor, a place that look a little too tempting. Ahh fuck it. Usually, I wouldn't want to be squashed in between a multitude of sweaty bodies, but I honestly just kinda feel like dancing until I can't feel my feet anymore. 

I could feel my phone buzzing and I knew that without a doubt that it was someone asking me where I was or why I left without telling anybody. It wasn't like I didn't tell anyone of purpose. I just walked out the door and nobody was there to stop me or ask where I was going. And I wasn't really in the mood to hunt anyone down, just to let them know that I was going to some random club to get shit faced. 

Pretty much as soon as I entered the dance floor, hands grabbed my hips and pulled me into a body. Turning my head I examined the man who pulled me into him. Buzz cut, brown eyes, stubbled cheeks. He'll do. 

I began moving my ass against his hips in rhythm with the music and felt his hands tighten on my hips. His lips came in contact with my bar shoulder and slowly dragged up from there to my neck, where he began kissing and sucking. I brought my hand up to the back of his hand and played with the short hair that resided on the bottom of his hairline, encouraging him to continue. 

I grinned against him and I felt him move his hips against me, making his hard on all hat bit more prominent. I felt myself smile at the effect I had on him in such a small amount of time. This was exactly what I needed. A body behind me. Music vibrating throughout my whole system. A slight buzz. Clearly I have perfected this act of escaping over the years, since now it seems to come to me so easily. 

I danced for long that I lost track of time. I couldn't even really hear the lyrics of the song playing over the speakers, just felt the beat of is radiate throughout my body. I was sure that I had hickies covering my neck from the way my dance partner was attacking my neck with his lips, teeth and tongue, but I couldn't find it in me to give two fucks. I didn't care. I felt free and that was that mattered. 

His lips then went to my ear as he whispered, "Let's get out of here baby".

Turning around, so that my front was against his front, I smirked placing my hands on his chest, "Lead the way". 

He smiled as he grasped my hand and led me off of the dance floor, through the club until we reached a back exit that lead to an empty alleyway. He walked me down the street and then moved me backwards, until my back was flush against the wall of the club and his arms were caging me in.