Chapter 1 - The Past and A Promise

In one quick movement, the silver blade slashes against the tan skin of my Mother's neck. Red crimson exploding from the deep cut. Blood on the tiled floor. Blood dripping down her body. Her blood on my face. A pit in my stomach is formed and only grows deeper by the second. 

"Emilia Morales you are the reason I had to kill your Mother", the deep voice laughs out, almost comical. "You made me do it".

The tears stream down my face and I fight against the two strong men holding me down. I look down to the lifeless body of my mother and feel my heart crush into a million pieces. I can't stand to look at the sight anymore without being sick. I divert my attention to the tall man standing above me. This man had a wide smile plastered on his face and it made me feel sick to the stomach. 

A new sensation rushing through my veins, making me feel like I'm on fire. Complete and utter rage. 

"You are a monster!", I yell at him. 

His hand connects with my face hard. The sound of his assault echos through the room and I feel the stinging of my cheek. 

"Don't you get it?!", he yells at me. "You child are the reason I had to kill her! You have disrespected me long enough and I am sick of it! I have no use for you in this family, you don't deserve to be in it either!". 

Another tear escapes my eye as I stare into his brown eyes. My heart begins to break even more as I listen to his words. They are the constant melody on my life, he made it my mantra. The more I hear them, the more I believe them.  He pulls out his gun and puts it to my head. 

"Cualquier última palabra hija"(Any last words daughter), he says. 

"Vete al infierno gilipollas"(Go to hell asshole), I reply back putting on my bravest voice possible, masking all of the emotions I'm feeling. 

Secretly I'm praying that he just kills me already. There is nothing left for me here. I don't want to be here anymore. 

He shoots me once in the shoulder, then twice in the stomach. I cry out in pain and I feel body fall down. I can't fully fall due to still being held up by his men. I hear him laugh and order his men to let me go. As they do I collapse onto the cold tiles, my own blood mixing with my Mother's, you can't tell what blood is coming from what body, the crimson mixing together all too sickeningly well. They leave the room and he turns to follow. I muster up every last little bit of strength I have left and yell out to him. 

"Why are you doing this?! You are meant to be my father!", I scream out in pain. "Why do you hate me so much?! I never did anything wrong, I always did whatever you wanted!". 

I need to know why. Why did he torture me everyday of my life? 

He laughs in my face. "Stop with the pity party", he replies. "You deserve everything that has happened to you! If anything I am being merciful killing you now rather than selling you off to some man". 

He walks out of the room and I drag my limp body over to my mothers. The pain is overwhelming but I push it back. I grip her hands and more tears leave my body. I can taste their saltiness on my lips. My eyes are heavy and I fight with all my might to keep them open. 

"Lo siento mucho madre" (I'm so sorry mother), I cry. "No fui lo suficientemente fuerte, no pude protegernos" (I was not strong enough, I couldn't protect us). 

I feel the darkness start to become all that more alluring and I slowly close my eyes. Just as I'm about to accept my fate, I feel my body be lifted up and a voice tell me to just hold a bit longer. I don't recognise the voice but I can tell that it has a strong accent. The next thing I know I completely lose conciseness.