forty five

**IMPORTANT when I say the person who put the hit out on Giuseppe has been mentioned, I wasn't lying. They had a part in the story but it wasn't big. If I give y'all the chapter now, y'all gonna know exactly who it is, so just wait until the chapter ends to find out. I'll tell y'all which chapter of which book for proof.

but before diving in, any guesses???

Impulsive Decisions...

"I was here all night!"

"I had nothing to did with any of this! I don't even know where that phone came from."

"I'm telling the truth, please believe me."

These were the things Alessia, Giuseppe's Alessia, said as she pleaded for Richie to believe she had nothing to do with the death of his son.

Alessia loved Giuseppe and was willing to take money from Richie to leave New York to keep him from getting into more trouble because of her.

But as she tried to get Richie to understand that she had nothing to do with it, Richie just named her parents and family. This was him basically saying they were next, and they were.

"Please, they have nothing to do with this."

Alessia wanted Richie to take her life instead since he couldn't believe her, but he gave her one final chance to say what he thought was the truth before ending her life.

A set of innocent people were taken out of this world out of anger, because of a misunderstanding, all because someone planted a burner in her bag.

Alessia and her family would've been alive today if it weren't for one fucker who wanted to save their ass. They knew what they were doing, predicting how thoughtless Richie would be in reaction of losing his kid.

They took advantage of his vulnerable moment to get away with it—to avoid death—because this person knew damn well that giving up Giuseppe's location was more than enough reason to get their ass six feet under.

That night, Giuseppe trusted someone he shouldn't have of his whereabouts, as they were just sending it to another.

Everyone blamed themselves for it, but this all happened because an opportunity fell into someone's lap in order to make a statement.

Make a power move, yet they were too afraid to admit it later down the line as the damage was too brutal to take pride in such a 'delicate' move.

"Natalie, I need you to listen to me," Sam said over the phone once he got her on the line. It was exactly an hour after he left, and she was just waiting there by the phone for him to call.

"Is everything okay?" she asked as she sat up in bed, caressing Luca's head as he snored lightly while resting on her lap.

Seeing Sam leave in such a hurry had her concerned, especially after observing how his rage affected him. She felt it, even when he kissed her temple, trying to be more soft.

She became scared and weary of what was to come due to this call. Sam never told her anything besides that his father needed him and that he'd be back as soon as he could. She hated that she was left out of the loop, never knowing what the fuck was going on.

Do you know how crippling that was?

"Sam," Natalie called out, "you're scaring me. Are you on your way back?"

Sam took a deep inhale, leaning on his arm at the door of his car as he sat in the driver's seat. He gently rubbed his temple to calm himself, but there was no use in it. He was livid.