forty

Dinner at Serena's for Christmas...

"Welcome, welcome, welcome," Serena said as she invited guests into her home. She wanted this to be something small, celebrating the holidays, since she figured that everyone would be busy for the new year.

Since the invitation was given to more people than just Natalie and Sam, she was making the most of her time by cooking a large amount of food. She extended her coworker Grace; Miguel already locked in to show his face, as was Jade, her second daughter from another mother.

She was also anticipating her sister, Meredith, whom she hasn't seen in a while, along with the Castillo's.

Giulia was taken back to see that Serena was calling because, even though they were neutral with one another, they weren't as close as they were. When she picked up the call, she didn't think Serena would be inviting her over for Christmas dinner. Richie was even caught off guard about it, but they quickly accepted the invitation with pleasure. 

Serena was wanting to make up for the past, and they were willing to do the same and happy to attend. Mattia showed up along with Elena, bringing the extra dishes as a courtesy for being welcomed to someone else's house.

Serena doesn't even remember the last time she's seen Elena and Mattia, seeing that the months had made a difference on them.

"These cannolis smell amazing," Serena remarked, glancing at the container full of cannoli that Giulia had set aside.

With delight, Giulia grinned, "they taste even better. Ya daughter is obsessed with them," she stated, placing her hands on her hips, "I thought I had to look out for Elena stealing a few, but now it's both of them."

Serena chuckled lightly, "she's always had a thing for desserts," she grabs the bottle of wine that she had chilling in her fridge and asks, "would you like a glass?"

"Please," Giulia responded as she walked over to the cabinet where she recalled the wine glasses being, taking two out for her and Serena.

"Was the drive here too bad? I know the snow is coming and going by the hour," Serena asked, opening the draw to take out a corkscrew.

"It wasn't too bad out there on the drive," Giulia replies, "but I tell you what it was though."

"What?"

"The amount of blowjobs Richie wants these days," Giulia answered, causing Serena to cover her mouth and laugh loudly, "it is fuckin' ridicilous."

The two began gossiping like old times, as if nothing had changed in all this time.

While the sex lives of the very grown adults were being talked about, Richie was currently speaking with Miguel. He was trying to be open to knowing a little about the guy, but knowing that a divorce was ongoing, he felt a little weird. It almost felt like disrespect because Carter was someone Richie viewed as a friend, so being neutral was a bit difficult to experience, no matter how things ended between the Castillo's and Young's.

"You're a lawyer?" Richie asks. His wife told him to play nice, so he did.

"Yeah," Miguel answers with a smile, "the workload is crazy, but as the years go on, I learned to adjust," he sipped his beer, "so, what is it that you do?"

Richie beamed widely as he answered, "I'm a businessman.." the type who kills, corrupts, blackmails, kidnaps, and tortures—that kind of businessman.

"Really? What do you own?" Miguel asks, fully intrigued.

"I got a bar out in the city, Castillo's Bar," Richie answers.