thirty three

I missed y'all

Mia's Gotta What?...

Natalie picked up a bottle of perfume and sprayed a whole bunch on herself, Sam looking at her as she drowned herself in the bottle.

"This is why you're always sneezin'," Sam pointed out, sitting on her chair at her desk.

Natalie slowly lowered her hands, "but I always end up smelling good," she said before releasing a small sneeze.

He watched her freeze, squeezing her eyes closed.

"What's wrong?"

Natalie sneezed again, "I thought I almost tinkled on myself," she said with a sigh, walking to set her bottle of perfume on her nightstand, "I haven't had a moment like that since I was pregnant with Luca."

Sam's eyes followed her as she started rounding the bed. She stops in her tracks, suddenly trying to remember when her last period was.

She slowly faced Sam by turning on her heel, their eyes now locked.

"I need to take a-"

"I'll start the car," Sam said as he stood up, already knowing what she was going to say.

"Wait, I might have a test under my sink. Let me check first," she said, rushing out of the room in her high heels to head towards her bathroom. Sam followed, both of their hearts now bursting out of their chests, "oh god, I can't be pregnant again. I just had Luca five months ago."

Watching her open the bathroom door and crouch down to open the cabinet under the sink, he said, "it's probably just a scare."

"Is it though?" she uttered, reaching to move the box of tampons and pads out of the way, "we did it like five times this week without protection. Of course this would be happening."

He smirked softly and said, "alright, well, don't stress ya'self out. It might not be good for the baby."

She turned her head, her hair moving off her shoulder as she sent him a glare and hit his leg, "too soon," turning around to search the back of the sink.

The two were still on the same page about waiting to have another child, but if this test came back positive, they were more than likely going to keep it.

Natalie sighed in relief as she stumbled across a box, snatching it out and then quickly opening it. She pulled at the opening, the instructions and test coming out at once.

She stood to her feet, her heels hitting the marble floors, as she walked over to the toilet. She began unbuttoning her pants, quickly lifting her head to look over in Sam's direction. He was leaning on the doorframe with crossed arms, waiting for her to do her business.

"Babe?" she called out.

"What?"

"A little privacy?" she asked with a soft smile, brows lifted.

He thought she was kidding around, "I've seen you use the bathroom a handful of times."

"I know, but this is me peeing on a thingy. I just need a few minutes," pleading for him to understand with her hands together, the test between her palms.

He sighed, uncrossing his arms, "alright. Call me when ya' done. I wanna see the results."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," she smiles at him before ushering him out.

The moment he made it out of the bathroom and shut the door, she continued her task from before and unbuttoned her jeans. Luckily for her, she had been drinking water while doing her makeup, so she had a full bladder.