News of Sorrow

Bingo

I picked up my phone the next morning, it was a text from Jack.

Hey Bingo, I know I wasn't the greatest of dogs, but I'm happy that you and I came to an understanding. This isn't a "get back with me" kind of text, but a thank you for letting me know that we were ok again. I feel complete Bingo, I think my purpose has been served. Have a good one.

"Huh? Why'd he send that?" I wondered. I had gone down the stairs to watch TV, when a breaking news cast came on.

*Breaking news! It seems Jack Russel has taken his own life. A note was written on his desk, it was addressed to Bingo Heeler.*

"W-what!? Jack... You didn't really... Did you?" I asked myself, my disbelief that Jack was dead was only brought down by police, who now swarmed the house.

"Bingo Heeler, may we speak with you?" An officer had come by and knocked on the door. I had answered and sure enough, it was for me.

They had asked me questions, as if I knew anything about it.

"I got up just a moment ago myself officers, Jack had sent me a text this morning... He must have done it afterwards..." I gave them my phone to look through, they didn't hesitate, and gave my phone back.

"Sorry for the disturbance, Mrs Heeler. And, sorry for your loss." They left, I closed the door and began to cry... Jack was really dead...

Nick

I woke up to Bingo crying downstairs, upon seeing her, she held her phone close to her... Sitting with her back to the door.

I walked up to her and didn't say a word, sat down, and hugged my crying wife. She took my arms as comfort, and began to settle down slowly.

Bluey and Mack had heard the commotion, and came down the stairs to find Bingo and I hugging by the door. Chilli and Bandit had woken now as well, coming from their room to us.

"J-Jacks dead Nick..." Bingo muttered, I heard her loud enough to know her reason for crying, and I started to as well.

"Nick? W-wha-" Macks started, "Jacks gone mate..." I told him, "Like... Gone gone?" He asked, I shook my head. Nav had heard the news and ran to Bingo and I, which we sat with her and cried together.

The family of the household all sat around the couch now, crying together for Jack... Why did he do this? Why would he want this?

Bingo

Was it my fault? No, it couldn't have been. But if not me, then why? Was Jack okay before he... Or did something happen?