A few years later... Tragedy and Love

Bluey and I are 12 now, and we have been seen together as friends for some time... But, does she want what I do?

Bluey

"Hey dad can I go hang out with Kenz today?" I ask as I missed him while he was on his vacay for two weeks.
"Sure thing kiddo, hey, why don't you invite your mate back to the house for dinner tonight, I'd like to speak with him" what does that mean? Does my dad have something against him?
"Okay dad, I will." I say in a nervous tone. "Bye!"

Bluey finds Mackenzie sitting on the bench in the park on the way to his place, seeing him again made her light up, but only for a moment... Something was wrong.

"Kenzie? That you? You don't look so good."

He seemed to just sit there and space out, Bluey knew something was definitely wrong now.

"K-Kenz...?"

Mackenzie

Do I dare tell her? What would she do? How would she react...? I'm all alone now, with her, I need to get my mind of it, even if it means doing this to her.
"Bluey... Something happened on the trip."
She looked very concerned, like she was going to cry too. I didn't want to, but I had to have someone to talk to.
"My mom was... Found dead when we got home."
This sent her into an immediate reaction, that reaction? Hugging me.
"OMG Makenzie, why didn't you tell me!?" She said between sobs as she embraced my emotionless body.
"I just, didn't want you to have to worry, because I care about you Blues"
I didn't care that I called her that name, and it seemed she didn't even pay attention to it. Until...
"It's okay Kenz, I am always here for you"
"There for me"? I... I have to tell her how I feel.
"Kenz, I was going to ask this anyway, but it sounds like you need it, how about you family comes over for dinner tonight?"
Was she for real? Maybe this is my chance, but wait, she was going to ask this already, why?
"I'd love to Blues, but tell me, why were you going to ask before?"
"My dad wants to see you, he said he needed to speak with you."
This is it Kenzie, you got this, tell her at dinner.