Emergency at the Heeler house

Mackenzie

Today is the day I do it, I'm going to tell Bluey the truth.
"Hey dad, how long does it take to get to Blueys?"
"It's about 4 minutes bud, ya know, I'm glad we could hang with another family for tonight, even if it feels a bit soon after the-"
"Dad please don't keep going" I said sadly.
"Sorry bud, we're here"
I hope out the car excited to see my favorite Blue Heeler.
Man I've really fallen for her haven't I?
"What was that Kiddo?" Guess I was talking aloud.
"Hey dad, before we head in, I have a question... How would you feel about me and Bluey dating?"
"You sure you want that bud? With what happened are you ready?"
"Dad she makes me happy when no one else can, if she is by my side I will have nothing to fear, and neither will you"
"Now that's an answer of a man, of course then bud, but promise me that if anything happens, you use pro-"
I caught on quickly-
"DAD NO, that isn't going to happen, at least, not for some time."
"Good that we have the same mindset, at least when I was a kid"
"Okay dad, let's go in, I can't wait to see her again."
"So are you guys official yet or no?"
"No, but I really wish we were."
"You really love her don't you?"
Me, daydreaming a bit, "Yea... I do."

Bluey

As I'm sitting on the balcony, I hear that handsome collie voice that I love. He was talking to his dad.
Wonder what they are talking about, I know a shouldn't intrude but...
I listen in and hear, "You really love that Heeler don't you?" "Yea dad I do"
He LOVES me? OMG we do feel the same! But, I don't wanna make the first move, I need to wait, maybe he's going to confess tonight?
I walk downstairs and open the door despite them not even ringing the doorbell yet, "woah, hey Blues! How'd you know we were here?"
"I saw you pull up" I say tryna not come off creepy. I hear the door open again a few seconds later to mum and dad coming home. "Mum dad you're back!" "G'day Bandit, how ya going?" "Not bad mate, hey, I'm sorry to hear about your wife, if there's anything we can do to help just ask" "we'll be alright Bandit mate, don't worry."
Me and Kenzie help mum set the table.
"Thanks so much for inviting us over Mrs. Heeler" "You're welcome Mackenzie, hey Bluey, could I speak with you?" We walk to another room "Sure mum what's up?"
"Hey, he seems to be a nice boy, why don't you try it?"
"Muuum, how'd you know I liked him?"
"Oh so you DO like him ey?"
"Darn it mum, you always do this!" I say a bit upset and embarrassed.
"Oh it's alright Bluey, just take it slow if anything happens, and do NOT even think about-"
"Ew mom no! I'm only 12!"
"Hey ya never know, I'm only 28."
"Ew mum!"
We return to the kitchen where we find Mackenzie on the floor breathing heavily.
"Kenzie!? You okay!?" I say trying to get him to respond
He's having a panic attack, isn't he?
"Kenzie listen, I need you to breathe okay? Just slow down I'm right here okay?" I feel his breathing come down to a slow pace again. Then he just starts to cry right there with me alongside him. "I-Im sorry Bluey, I didn't want you to see me like this" he said in between sobs. "Kenzie look at me" I say while holding his shoulder, "I don't care if I have to sit next to you for ages, I want you to be okay, I will always be right here. Right. Here."

Mackenzie

Having a panic attack in front of the girl I like, it hurt to see her so worried for me, but, why did she care so much?
"Thank you Blues, I love you-"
That slipped like a soybean in an oil pan...
"What?" She said, looking slightly happy and confused.
Welp, guess I can't deny it, here goes-
"I love you, Bluey Christine Heeler."
Everyone was shocked, Bluey being the most puzzled.
"I'm sorry I-" I was cut off by Bluey kissing me on the muzzle, which after a bit of shock, returned in relief.
"Now that's the best thing you've said all day Kenz" Bluey said in that sweet voice of hers. God I loved this Blue Heeler, I wish I could stay and sit like this with her forever.

But then, Bandit came in.

"Now ain't that a surprise eh? Took a whole five years for you to finally say it eh mate?"
"Dad you knew!?"
"Of course I did! Why'd you think I invited him over for dinner squirt? Plus, you don't think I can't hear you singing in the shower about him?"
Wait, she sings in the shower about me?
"Dad! No cool!"
"That's my responsibility as a dad, to not be cool, but to care for my kids. Also, Mackenzie..."
I say stressed, "Yes sir?"
"Welcome to the family mate"