Nick listens to music

Nick

Music is my escape from it all, it reminds me to keep going. I guess I just need to be reminded I matter. This one reminds me that I can't give up.

I sat on the couch listening to Citizen Soldier, 'You are Not your Past'. I find it helps me remember I am something unique and can change from darkness

"Hey Nick, whatcha listening to?" Mack had approached me and wanted to listen to, so I handed him a ear bud, and he looked at me within a few seconds of listening, he seemed to be sympathetic.

"Nick, you listen to CS too?" He said.

"Yea, you do as well?" I said excitedly.

"Sure do bro! It keeps me going!"
It was amazing me and him had the same taste in music.

"Hell yeah man! I love the band, because they don't make music people wanna hear..."

"They make music people NEED to hear." He finished my sentence, so we both knew the message behind the music... Awesome.

"Hey Mack, how about me and you plug this into my speaker and Jam out while the girls are out tonight?" I asked him, "I got some blunt too."

"Damn alright bro, tonight's gonna be a blast!" He said giving me a fist bump. Man, hanging with Mack is going to be fun as hell.

We started by listening to more of the meaning ful songs, just chilling, listening to the deep, motivational lyrics. We both gave each other a good smile as we sat and talked afterward about how the songs have helped in our lives.

We sat there listening until the girls told us they were gonna head out, and we plugged into the speaker and began our guys night.

This chapter was more of a meaningful one, I hope that if any of you guys needed to hear either of these songs, you listened to them.
Huge shout-out to CS! They have helped me through some tough shit, and that's why I wanted to spread their music here. Stay strong my peeps! And remember, You are enough ❤️