71"

James Potter was not an aggressive nor violent person

James Potter was not an aggressive nor violent person. In fact, he was quite the opposite.

It was a well known fact that James Potter was as caring and considerate and gentle as anyone could be, by those close to him, of course.

But when it came to the defending the honour of the people he cared for, for the people he loves and for distinguishing between right and wrong; he would not hesitate to uphold his clearly defined morals.

It was something Camilla had always known about James Potter, and she had always quietly admired it.

James Potter didn't want to fight, in fact, most of time he did lot's to avoid it. He would break up friends between fights and clam Sirius when a prank may have gone too far. But when something was said towards someone he cared about, he would not hesitate to honour them.

He did everything to protect those whom he loved and stand up for what was right.

In every sense, he was a hero to those people who needed it the most.

From a distance camilla had watched James take all of his friends under his wing at one point or another.

Peter in first year, who had seemed terribly nervous and twitchy, worried about making friends. James had instantly put him at ease and made him feel welcome and liked.

Sirius from the day they met to the current day. The way he had shared his home with open arms towards Sirius. Attempting to sheltering him from the authoritarian dynamics of his family home.

Remus in their second year, when the marauders had discovered his secret. James had been the first one to accept him for who he was.

It was evident his generosity extended further than the marauders. He faced Snape when he saw Lily being pestered, he faced Steve when he threatened Camilla, he would always back up Marlene on the quidditch pitch and anyways be there when a nasty insult was throw at Mary and forever be in at Alice's service.

Because when James cared, he cared.

And that was something Camilla very much adored about him.

James didn't go seeking a fight with Snape that day, it was Sirius he was attempting to protect and that was Camilla had found so attractive.

As she sat in History of magic, she tried to flatten her hair and make herself look a bit more presentable. Had it been obvious? She really hoped not.

James was still smirking to himself at the other side of the classroom, leaning back on his chair, his top button still undone with his tie hanging loose. It was a very Sirius Black look, Camilla thought. But it suited James.

He'd throw over amused and knowing smiles to her across the desks and camilla would shake her head slightly in dismay but James saw the little smile on her lips.

Camilla could always claim that James was annoying, but James could always notice the smile playing on her pink lips.

James knew he could probably annoy her forever and up until the point she would want to rip her hair out , but Camilla would never become fed up of him.

A laugh always escaped her lips whether she liked it or not.

At the point his happened, it was like James had won the lottery.

He couldn't help the smile on his face in history of magic. He felt like he truly had won the jacket pot with getting to know Camilla.

She was by far the most amazing girl in every room she entered and James was slightly gobsmacked she was even giving him the light of day.

Camilla Prewett was the best non-professional quidditch player he had ever seen. Camilla was fair and generous, and witty and soft-hearted. Camilla was as beautiful inside as she was outside.

James just snuck careful glances at her across the room.

She was sat with Marlene and Mary, her blue 'C' jumper stuffed in her bag, her white school shirt untucked from her school skirt and her blonde hair cascading down her shoulders and down the back of the chair. It had an uncanny looked of molten gold with that notorious Prewett red shimmer underneath it. She wore plenty of jewellery, but not the kind he had seen his mother or other girls wear.It didn't look expensive. It looked handmade and it was subtle but elegant and it caught the light and glistened. He could see her flying gloves poking out of her bag, she must be off for a flying session after they had finished lessons for the day.

James had claimed he was in love with Lily Evans.

Claimed that one day he would marry her.

He had not been in love with Lily Evans at all.

His adoration and love had been misplaced since his second year.

It was not Lily Evans James had loved.

It was Camilla Prewett.

His first ever crush back in first year, his second year quidditch teammate, his partner in transfiguration in third year, his mutual friend in fourth year, his quidditch rival in fifth year, his co-captain in fifth year and the head girl to his head boy role in seventh year.

Merlin, had he loved her from the day he met her?!

From the day he had exclaimed his wish to be sorted into Gryffindor on the Hogwarts express, pulling out an imaginary sword and singing the words, 'where dwell the brave at heart. Their daring, nerve and chivalry set Gryffindors apart'. Did he loved the girl who joined in with him, reciting the words with him proudly? Did he love the girl whom pulled the same face at Severus Snape on the train when he said that Slytherin was the best house?

Probably.

Christ!

He was in love with her!

In love with her for almost seven years and never even noticed.

Bloody hell, what a realisation to have in history of magic!

James usually just had a nap in history of magic, not have life altering realisations.

"Are you alright mate?" Sirius asked, looking at him strangely, "You look like you've just seen a Nundus"

James snapped out of it and turned to Remus, Sirius and Peter who all looked at him expectedly.

"Yeah, think so" he reassured weakly.