85"

Camilla had spent the rest of the days between boxing day and new years trying to convince her parents to allow lily to stay with them for the remainder of the holiday

They had eventually caved when Camilla suggested it was much safer for lily to stay with them, rather than at her muggle home and made sure to bring up the fact that Lily would be sleeping on the sofa at home due to Petunia's birthday sleepovers.

As Mr and Mrs Prewett agreed, Camilla had eagerly sent her a letter and a few hours later, Lily had turned up at their front door.

It was Doris whom rushed over to her to check she had made the journey unscathed and safely and Lily assured her she was perfectly fine and kept up the shadows when travelling.

The snow had turned to a horrible mush and it had been raining for days so the two girls set up camp in Camilla's room.

Lily of course, now had ownership of Mollys old bed, and the pair of them would push the bed together to set out all of their things. Their time was spent baking and painting and Mrs Prewett even taught them how to knit and crochet. Lily's scarf looked far better than Camilla's and she guess the knitting gene had skipped herself. Whilst the rain pelted the window, and they finally got bored of their various activities, they would sit with steaming mugs of tea and do their homework and plenty of revision. NEWT's were nearing unbelievable quickly and Camilla felt much better being with Lily whilst studying.

Mr Prewett had stressed the important to the girls about leaving the house and going outside, but it would take a miracle to keep Camilla trapped within four walls.

Camilla would convince lily to sneak out every once and a whilst and the girls would make their way to the beach. They would watch the gull's circle under the grey sky and watch the giant waves crash against the shore, feeling the wet sand under their feet and the rain drenching their hair. The smell of the salt air and the grassy aroma of the sand dunes was all very comforting. It was just enough to satisfy their craving for freedom.

Once freezing and truly drenched they would wonder back up the beaten tracks to the warmth of the prewett home and thaw in front of the fire, eventually snuggling into their beds and chatting until one of them eventually dropped off into a deep sleep.

"How did Petunia take you leaving over Christmas?" Camilla asked as they laid in their beds, knowing how strained the Evan's sisters relationship was.

Lily sighed and looked crestfallen.

"She was more glad to be rid of me" Lily said sadly, "Said she didn't want me to be freaking her friends out. Warned me not to do anything weird"

Camilla didn't know what Petunia classed as 'weird'. She supposed magic, but magic was pretty normal to Camilla.

"Well i'm glad to have you" Camilla said back with a comforting smile, "More than, in fact"

Lily smiled at her emotionally under the low light of the lamp. The moon outside was almost a full and the wind raged against the rickety windows.

"I know" Lily replied, "I need to thank your parents for basically taking me in" she laughed

"Oh don't be stupid" Camilla rolled her eyes, "You're family to us lils. I mean, you definitely have the hair for it"

Lily laughed and shook her head, her face turning serious, "No, but thank you Cam. You're a good friend"

"Oh stop it lily" Camilla said with a roll of her eyes, "you're basically my sister. You're family. Of course you can come whenever"

Lily had seemed quite emotional and Camilla had noticed. Not wanting to make the evening any more depressing than what it already was, Camilla had an idea.

"Fancy playing a prank on Fab and Gid?" she grinned

Lily laughed and rolled her eyes, "You're too much like your brothers, and Potter, for that matter"

"soo, are you in?" Camilla asked with a glint in her eye

"I'm still finding glitter in my hair from the last time they pranked me" Lily sighed, "so definitely, I am in"

"Perfect"

It was Camilla who had come up with the idea and Lily the one who was able to execute it.

They had found her father's telescope left on the windowsill which backed out into the garden, the sea in the distance.

Camilla had a strike of genius.

"A boxing telescope!"

"a what-now?" Lily asked, raising an eyebrow

"We charm it" Camilla said simply, place it in their bedroom by their windrow, wait for them to place it to their eye and bang! It punches them!"

Whilst Camilla seemed particularly excited about the idea, Lily was more reserved about it all. Pranks had never been her thing.

"I don't know Cam" she shrugged, "don't you think that's a bit... harsh?"

Camilla looked at her blankly, "Fab and Gid have played pranks on me which would have landed them in Azkaban. Trust me this is nothing"

Lily laughed at her seriousness.

"I just think hitting them in their faces...well... it would hurt their faces" she shrugged

Camilla studied lily carefully with narrowed eyes.

"Ugh lily!" she exclaimed

"what?!" Lily asked holding her hands up

"You think they're fit don't you!" Camilla accused, "you fancy my brothers!"

Lily just laughed and shrugged her shoulders. Fabian and Gideon were much older than both Camilla and Lily but it was hard to not notice how attractive they both were.

"Ugh! That's disgusting! My brothers!"

Lily could only laugh hysterically at Camilla who looked as though she may be sick any minute.

As a result of this, lily had agreed to the prank, and the pair of them were currently peeking around Fabian and Gideon's bedroom door as Fabian inspected the telescope which was strategically placed upon the windowsill.

They held their breath as he held it up to his eyes to take a glance when... bang!

It had worked.

Fabian stumbled backwards looking around terribly confused.

Camilla had to slap a hand over her mouth to stop herself laughing when he turned around revealing a terrible black eye.

"Camillaaa!" Fabian shouted, knowing full well who the culprit was.

"Run!" Camilla whispered to lily, taking her hand and pulling her down the stairs behind her