77"

The next few days had been mind numbingly boring for camilla

The next few days had been mind numbingly boring for camilla. Madam Pomfrey had ordered her bed rest for the next two days and James had taken this very seriously, not even allowing her to even leave for a couple of hours to walk around or to get any food.

He had returned from tea with platefuls of food for the pair of them and they both ate together atop of Camilla's bed in comfortable silence.

Camilla was very pleased for her two days to be up and glad to be able to return to her normal routine.

James, as well as lily, Marlene, Alice and Mary had been supplying her with notes and work that she had missed during classes and she had managed to catch up and even work ahead in most of her subjects. With nothing else to do other than sit in bed, she had taken the opportunity to brush up on her work and was feeling quietly confident in herself and prepared.

Camilla had missed quidditch insanely and her hit in the previous match had not swayed her deep desire to get back into a broom and back into a pitch. Camilla didn't think that even death could keep her away from Quidditch.

For the two days she had missed training, James had ran them fully, in her absence.

It didn't feel right for James to be running them on his own. He felt it was wrong. Camilla should have been by his side as always. They were the co-captains and it was strange for only one figure of authority to be there.

For as long as James could remember, Camilla had been someone on the pitch alongside him, since their second year, since their first day on the team. She had never missed a match before, and it was strange to look around the pitch and not find the head of honey hair blowing in the wind.

He had been ever so confident in his ability to be captain alone.

In sixth year he had been furious at the decision made by McGonagall; but when Liam seemed pretty disheartened by his performance in practice, James wished Camilla had been there to offer some advice. Of course James had done so himself, but he didn't seem to have the same gentle warmth that Camilla seemed to have.

Camilla was the better half to the co-captaincy and James found himself extremely glad that things had worked out the way they had.

He had missed her at practice and so had the team.

It was the first time Camilla had ever taken a heavy hit from a bludger and was more annoyed with herself for letting it happen. In her eyes, there was only one way to prevent it.

Be so good that no one could ever touch her.

So no one could catch her.

As she finally escaped her own jail cell in the form of her bedroom, Camilla threw herself into her quidditch as much as she could.

One evening down at the pitch with James, she had flown so quickly past him that it knocked his glasses off his face. James had never seen her fly with such aggression and knew it was her anger from the previous match brought on by the Slytherins.

"Merlin Prewett" James said, panting as they landed to the ground after Camilla performed a spectacular but equally dangerous spiralling dive after a quaffle, "You're still recovering, you should be taking it easy"

Camilla waved him off, taking her hair out of her bobble, similarly panting heavily, "Don't worry about it James. I'm fine. I feel as good as new"

James just rolled his eyes at her stubbornness and watched her hair tumble down her back, "I'm sure madam pomfrey wouldn't be too pleased to hear the death defying tricks you've been performing this afternoon"

Camilla looked at him carefully, deciphering whether or not James would actually go and dare to tell her.

He definitely would.

Camilla was far too scared of Madam pomfrey's scoldings than to argue with James.

"Ok, fine" she sighed, "I'll lay off until the Hufflepuff match after Christmas. By then my ribs will be as strong as nails and i'll be ready to absolutely obliterate them"

James just raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"what?" she asked, "We've got to make up enough points to pass Ravenclaw in the table"

"Yes boss" James joked, slightly terrified of the determined look in her eye

Camilla just smiled at him and picked up her broom, holding it under her arm as she turned her back and walked back up to the castle. She was late to meet with Lily and remus in the library to work on their charms revision.

"See you later tonight?"

"Of course"

James just watched her go in amusement.

"Oh and Potter" she said suddenly, turning around to face him, "I'm not made of glass you know. I can take a lot more pushing around than that"

James just chuckled to himself. He knew it was true.

He had once seen her catch a bludger with one hand and wrestle it to the ground.

"Trust me Prewett, I know"

Camilla nodded in satisfaction before waving goodbye and heading back up to the castle.

James watched her go with relief.

It was nice to see her back to her joyful, confident, powerful self. She had looked so small and fragile in his arms when he had caught her a metre from the ground and she looked so sickly and pale, swamped by the bed in the hospital wing.

James had never been so happy to see colour in her cheeks, her hair blowing in the wind and to see her burning passion behind her eyes.

It was good to know Cam was back to Cam because James didn't feel like James when she wasn't.