83"

Camilla was finally home

Stood at the front of her house with the trunk at her feet, broom under her arm and hands full of presents from James, Sirius and the Potter's she stumbled in to smell the familiar comforting smell of home.

She made a mental note to scold her parents on how easy it was to enter the house.

They would definitely be needing to put up some defensive charms around the house, especially since news of the Bones.

She had bid James, Sirius and the Potters farewell with quite a bit of emotion. The death of some members of the Bones family had shaken her greatly and her parting from James had not particularly helped. Still, it would only be a week until they were back at Hogwarts together.

It was her mother who first rushed towards her, making her drop all her belonging and gathering her into a horrendously tight hug.

"Oh Cami! It's so good to see you" her mother said breathily.

Camilla wasn't sure if she saw tears of relief forming in her mother's eyes. She didn't have long to check as her father appeared around the corner.

"Squirrel!" he beamed, similarly giving her a big hug

Camilla rolled her eyes at the nickname, as she always did when it was used.

"Hi dad" she laughed as the red headed old man finally released her

"Heard you had quite a big bash in quidditch this year kid" he said, "All mended yet?"

"Spick and span" Camilla smiled in response

"It was very unlike you Camilla" Her mother said with a frown, "since you first got on a broom; you've never had any problems avoiding bludgers. What happened?"

Camilla didn't want to bring up the group of Slytherin mocking her family. She didn't want to make them feel worse than they did about their situation.

"Got a bit too arrogant and was rash. Just got distracted" She shrugged, "my own fault really"

"well, as long as you're all better now" Doris smiled, "Poppy knows how to fix a couple of broken bones in no time. A truly miraculous woman really. Now, come on, take your things upstairs and unpack. Molly, Arthur and the kids will be arriving in a couple of hours, and your brothers any minute now"

Camilla nodded and lugged her own trunk and belongings up the stairs. She didn't have the same treatment at home compared to the Potters, and this time actually had to put her things away herself.

Oh the horror.

The Prewett's household never changed and it was comforting to know that things were the same.

In its usual spot in the living room stood a stumpy christmas tree decorated with little lights and decorations with a glowing star at the very top. Underneath were some neatly wrapped presents, curtesy of her mother and the fire was roaring beautifully warming the small room.