26"

Camilla stood in the common room waiting for James to make his appearance

Camilla stood in the common room waiting for James to make his appearance. She had told her friends of her plans for the evening and was met with some very strange and smug looks from Lily, Marlene, Mary and Alice. She dread to think what that meant. She had wrapped up warm with her coat buttoned up, her scarf around her neck, her hands in her mittens and her hat on her head. Camilla was extremely confused. It was dark outside and it was past the time students were allowed out of bed and she wondered why James had told her to wrap up warm.

James had finally emerged from the boys dorm.

"Finally" Camilla said as James came over to greet her, "You need to tell me what we're doing, it's all scaring me a little bit"

James laughed, "relax, it'll be good. I want to show you something"

He smiled to himself. Camilla was most definitely dressed for the cold. He could hardly tell there was even a person under all the layers. Her clothes were a mismatch of colour that completely did not go together. Camilla's olive green duffle coat clashed horribly with her orange hat and pink mittens and blue scarf. Half of it seemed as if it didn't fit properly. James assumed most of it were hand-me-downs. Her hair was in two plaits and fell over her scarf. He couldn't help but find her mismatched and disheveled look fairly adorable. 

"come on" he nodded towards the portrait door, opening it for her to step through

Camilla looked at him skeptically before emerging into the corridor as James followed behind.

"Potter" Camilla whispered, turning to him anxiously, "We're not gong to get caught by filch, are we? Because I really don't want to have another detention this year"

"Don't worry about that" James said with a mischievous grin, "I've got just the thing"

"Just the thing?" Camilla laughed, "Well unless you have a visibility clock then-..."

James just looked at her smugly, the only part of his body visible to the naked eye, his head .

Camilla shook her head in disbelief, "I should have known. If anyone was to have an invisibility cloak it would be you"

"I'll take that as a compliment Prewett" James grinned, "come on, get under here before filch comes sniffing about and we get caught"

Camilla had acted as if she was completely nonchalant about the fact that James owned an invisibility cloak. Inside, she was screaming. They were supposed to be extremely rare. She could only imagine all the things she could get up to with a cloak like that. She imagined Fabien and Gideon would die for one.

James held out the cloak for Camilla to shuffle underneath it, beside him.

James wasn't completely sure even the invisibility cloak could disguise the outrageous shade of orange of Camilla's hat. It was like a flashing beacon.