43"

Camilla hadn't been surprised to find out that Rachel had asked James to go to Hogsmeade the next day

But she had been extremely surprised to hear that James had agreed.

"Why did you say no?!" Sirius exclaimed in the marauders dorm room

"Im not fussed" James shrugged

"Not fussed?" Sirius asked in disbelief, "Prongs mate, you haven't been on a proper date for years. You have been waiting for lily and now you're finally over her. So why not?"

James sighed, "I dunno. Maybe it would make the team weird?"

Sirius knew James like the back of his own hand.

Sirius narrowed his eyes scrutinisingly, "This better not be about Camilla"

"Prewett?" James asked in surprise

"Yes, Prewett" Sirius mocked "You're always banging on about how you only see each other as mates, and now you're not going to go on a date because of her?"

"How has this got anything to do with Cam?!" James asked exasperated

Sirius shook his head in dismay, stirring away from the topic of Camilla. He could see it was a compete lost cause.

"look mate... get back to her and just tell her you've changed your mind. You're not marrying the girl, you're just going to Hogsmeade. Just give it a shot"

"fine"

As Camilla made her way down to Hogsmeade with Lily, Marlene, Mary and Alice she had spotted Rachel by the carriages. The girl gave Camilla a wave who returned it begrudgingly.

The fact Rachel and James was going on a date didn't bother her. Absolutely not. Not even the slightest.

It was more the fact she was increasingly being agitated with all the things people were saying to her.

All day people had been asking her how she felt, and whether she even wanted to go to Hogsmeade, and whether she was alright.

Why wouldn't she be fine?

Sure, she felt a little irritable, but that was purely just from everyone fussing over her.

She had also realised that James wasn't able to take the carriages down to Hogsmeade as Professor McGonagall had banned him the year before so James would have to take one of the secret passageways they had gone down before Christmas.

As she waved back begrudgingly, the other girls gave each other knowing looks as they boarded their carriage.

As the carriages that pulled themselves rolled away and out into the Hogsmeade grounds, the view of Rachel disappeared and Camilla turned to her friends.