51"

With the Ravenclaw match a few days away, Camilla and James had taken it upon themselves to whip the team into shape, back into the gruelling routine of training everyday, both mornings and evenings

It was arguably the most important match of the year and they had to beat Ravenclaw by at least  50 points to ensure their lead. Slytherin had only just scraped a win against Hufflepuff and were second in the competition.

It was a rude awakening for Jonathon yet he didn't complain and just seemed particularly happy to have just made the team. Other members were not quite so happy but James and Camilla had reminded them of what was at stake. Although she did pity frank. His NEWT's were only in a week or two and he was terribly busy with all his studying and quidditch training.

Camilla didn't know what she would do with herself if they didn't win.

They had come so close to just to fail now.

Though-out all of her classes during the day it was all she could think of, and any spare times she had was spent down at the pitch. The first and second year sessions had concluded for the year giving her more time to focus at the task at hand and her and James had come up with some pretty solid tactics and for formations to use.

The results of her sixth year exams had come through and she was extremely pleased with herself. She had done exceptionally well in defence against the dark arts and transfiguration and done well in pretty much everything else. In Potions she has managed to somewhat scrape a solid pass and was pretty chuffed with herself, all things considering. She brought it down to a minor miracle which must have taken place. Camilla hadn't been able to perfect a potion all year so you could imagine her astonishment when her chosen potion to perform had actually turned out semi-decent. It was the first potion she had produced in quite some time that wouldn't have killed the drinker with one drop.

Lily, as expected, had done exceptionally well. In fact, all of the girls in the Gryffindor girls dorm room had done fairly well.

They five of them had begged the marauders for a few bottle of butter-beers so they could all celebrate in their dorm one evening.

Sirius had insisted that if they were to drink their contraband they would have to be invited. So that had led to the marauders sneaking into the girls dorm room, slipping past Professor McGonagall who had swept round the common room, for one last nightly check, before heading off to bed.

Camilla sat crossed legged on her bed whilst James sat on the floor in-front of her, his head resting on her duvet. Remus and Sirius had taken to sprawling out on Mary's bed whom was perched on their small wooden draws and Peter sat alongside Alice and Marlene on Marlene's bed.

Remus had very kindly brought his muggle records to play on Lily's record player which rested beside Mary, and the group of them chatted as the soft music hummed in the background.

"we learnt about those in muggle studies" James said smugly pointing at the record player, as if he should be proud of the fact he knew what one was. He was looking up at Camilla upside down and she couldn't  help but laugh at him, looking down at his face.

Truth be told when Lily had first brought it to hogwarts after Christmas in their fourth year, Camilla similarly had no idea what it was.

She thought the muggle world was extremely interesting. It was how herself and Lily had first bonded during their first year. Lily had explained the purpose of a television and Camilla's mind had been blown.

It was something she shared with Molly's husband, Arthur, who worked in the misuse of muggle artifacts office at the ministry.

They had both been stumped on what a function of a rubber duck was.

Camilla had asked Lily but lily didn't seem to have a particularly sure answer.

"Mum wants we to get a job in the muggle village during the summer" Camilla replied, looking down to James who had turned around, resting his chin on the mattress of which Camilla sat a top of, "I'm quite excited about it. Though I s'pose it will take some getting used to"

James hadn't even entertained the thought of having a job over the summer. I wasn't something he ever had to worry about, money. He was the heir to the ginormous Potter fortune, with no siblings to share it with. Although Camilla had to work for everything she had, and struggled for money, as James knew, he had never heard her complain about it at all. Even if there was still some money left from the pureblood Prewett line, Camilla had several siblings to share it with. James would have killed for a couple of siblings. Although his family home was nothing but full of joy and laugher, and even though his parents were the best ever, it still got a little boring from time to time. But at-least he had Sirius now.

As the group chatted happily, proud of their successes for their sixth year, Camilla absentmindedly ran her fingers through James unruly hair. It was soft and smelt of lemon.  

Whether it was the slight buzz of the alcohol from the butter-beers, or the fact she felt like she could tell James anything, she leant down to whisper in his ear.

James felt all the hairs on the back of his neck stand up.

"Can I tell you a secret?"

James nodded, revelling in the feeling spreading through his body while their friends obliviously talked around them.

He wasn't able to open his mouth to speak, which was quite unusual for James Potter.

Camilla had seemingly rendered him speechless.

"I smelt you in the Amortentia...Citrus, your shampoo and body wash "

James remained still for a couple of beats, processing what Camilla had just told him.

Eventually, he turned around to meet her eyes which sparkled in mischief

"I smelt you too Prewett....sugar, from the wizzbee's"

Camilla didn't seem as shocked as James and she merely tried to hide her smile creeping onto her lips.

Before James knew it, Camilla had jumped up and dragged him up with her.

The others all ceased their conversations and eyed them in confusion.

"Everything alright Cam?" Alice asked kindly, looking between the pair of them

"Yeah" camilla nodded, "Potter and I just realised we never tidied the quidditch store. Madam Hooch will have our heads tomorrow if she finds it a state. Can't afford another detention"

James knew for a fact that what Camilla had told them was a lie. They had tidied the shed earlier that afternoon.

"yeah, you know me" James shrugged as Sirius, Remus and Peter eyed him suspiciously, "Always terrified of getting a detention. We must be off, aye Prewett?"

Camilla nodded along and the pair of them disappeared out of the dorm room, leaving their friends to look at each-other with confusion.

——————————————
A/N

Wtaf. How is this book number 1 on harry potter.

Gonna cry.

I love you.

Also, thank you for 40k and happy valentine's day!!!!