59"

Camilla had decided to take her broom out and fly across the the countryside surrounding her house to try and sort out the mush of thoughts that seemed to be flopping about her brain

Once James had pulled out his quidditch captaincy badge, her heart had sank and her chest felt tight and it was the worst feeling she had ever felt.

The relief to see her own quidditch captaincy badge drop out of envelope was probably the best moment of her life, apart from wining the cup last year, obviously.

Sure, she hadn't had a chance to be quidditch captain on her own during her time at Hogwarts, but working with James hadn't particularly been awful. The did work very well together once they got past their bickering.

But never in a million years did Camilla think she could be trusted with her second responsibility.

Head girl?!

With James Potter of all people?!

Surely that was destined to be a nightmare.

She had only wanted to impress Professor McGonagall so much so to be quidditch captain. The idea that she may have boosted her chances of getting of head girl was completely bizarre to her.

Camilla didn't mean for it to go that far!

Head girl was supposed to be Lily's thing.

Fortunately, Camilla had written with her news and Lily did not particularly seem to mind. In fact, she found it quite amusing much to Camilla's dismay.

Merlin, she already spent so much time with Potter anyway, never-mind sharing a dorm with him!

It was sure to cause her one or two headaches over the upcoming year.

Her parents had been over the moon at the news and had popped around the the Potters manor for some 'celebratory tea' for both their children being head boy and girl. Molly had been similarly pleased and gushed about how one day she wished that all of her boys would do so well during their time at Hogwarts in the future. Fabian and Gideon did not share this glee and was extremely disappointed their their little sister, their prank apprentice (or at-least attempted apprentice) had grown up to be a goody-two-shoes!

It was scandalous in their opinion.

Camilla imagined that the marauders would feel the same way about James becoming head boy. She could just picture the look of horror on Sirius' face.

She made a mental note to have a serious word with McGonagall about this all.

A couple of days latter she had received another letter from Hogwarts with a list of all the houses prefects, expecting her to timetable patrols and pair students up. The task didn't take her long or cause her too much trouble. She was pretty good at organising groups of people given her past experience being quidditch captain the previous year. Dumbledore's only requested was that prefects would be paired with another stupid from a different house to promote house integration. Camilla understood where he was coming from, given the current state of affairs within the Wizarding World outside Hogwarts but she couldn't imagine that it wouldn't make a jotter difference.

The divide between some members of Slytherin house and the other houses was beyond recovery.

Towards the end of the year, Lily and Mary had received an influx of general hate and harassment and Camilla couldn't particularly see how integration between prefects on patrols was going to counter the disgusting discrimination that Hogwarts was quickly being flooded with.

But she supposed that she was in the position to do something about it now.

Even Camilla, James, Peter, Alice and Sirius, whom were all from fairly well known pureblood Wizarding families, had not been immune to the snide comments by certain members of Hogwarts. Insults such as blood-traitors had been thrown about casually.

It didn't bother Camilla.

She didn't really see it as an insult. To her, it was more of a compliment than anything else.

Camilla knew her values and she knew her families values, and she would stick by them.

Yes, she knew relatives of her family had adopted the same disgusting views in which many purebloods spoke of, but in her mind, they were not classed as her family.

Camilla's family extended to her parents, her siblings, her nephews and her friends.

Camilla sat at the wooden kitchen table, scribbling down the pairs for prefect patrols when her mother entered the kitchen and sat down across from her with a cup of tea. She looked troubled and it was unlike Doris Prewett to show much to any negative emotion so blatantly.

Camilla looked up troubled and placed her quill down, looking to her mother those face was a picture of worry.

"Everything alright mum?" she asked with a frown

"oh yes darling. Everything is fine" she smiled tightly

Camilla knew when her mum was lying. She could never keep an expression off her face usually.

"what is it?" She continued to ask

Doris seemed to consider confiding in her youngest daughter.

"Just got back from Fabien and Gideon's is all" Her mother explained

"So why the long face?"

Her mother sighed, knowing she wasn't going to drop it.

"The boys was talking about the order... and some of the things your father has told me about the ministry..."

The elderly woman looked completely consumed by sadness.

"...and I worry for you" she said finally

Camilla was confused.

"For me?"

Her mother nodded.

"Worried for you once you finish Hogwarts and step out into the real world Cami" she smiled sadly, "I'm afraid life may not be everything you had hoped it would be"

Camilla reached across the table and squeezed her mothers hand.

"That's alright mum, I know it's not going to be. I'll be alright though. We all will" Camilla reassured

Doris smiled warmly at her youngest child, "I know, I know" she waved, "I just fear the fact I won't be able to look after you forever. Your father and I are getting old you know" she joked lightly

A pang of hurt shot across camilla chest.

She never considered the fact that her parents would not be there one day. Sure, she knew they were older than most children her age parents, but the thought that they would one day pass never crossed her mind.

"It's something I never wanted or planned for you" she said earnestly, "for you to stuggle and fight your way through life without your father and myself being fit enough to protect us"

The conversation was a heavy one and Camilla wondered what had been discussed at Fabien and Gideon's house.

"I hope you're not trying to tell me that you and dad are planning to pop your clogs anytime soon" she joked lightly

Her mother laughed gently, "No, we will be around for a while yet Cami. You don't have to worry about us"

Her mother took her hand back and drew a circle on her palm as she did when Camilla was an infant to put her to sleep.

"but I do wish we were young enough and rich enough and stronger to protect you from everything out there. You are going into your last year at school and the political stance of the Wizarding World right now is a particularly dark one. There is a war camilla, and our family picked it's side in it a long time ago"

"I know mum" Camilla said, trying to summon some positivity, "And we have picked the right one"