72"

Camilla had finished her quidditch training with Marlene down at the pitch after their days lessons were complete

Camilla had finished her quidditch training with Marlene down at the pitch after their days lessons were complete. She felt confident in herself and her own performance. Over the summer she had practiced endlessly and hoped to improve by her seventh year.

She was very much pleased with her progress.

Her broom was as fast as ever, thanks to James, and her control was unmatched and her technique impeccable. When on her broom Camilla felt invincible, because she was invincible.

No one could catch her.

Well...maybe no one.

James would definitely give her a run for her money although she would, never ever, say that.

It had been a good session, tiring, but productive and Camilla slung her bag over her shoulder, tied her jumper around her waist and took herself along with her broom back up to the castle to her dorm.

As she entered, she dumped her things down onto her bed and headed for the shower.

James was passed out asleep on the common room sofa and the curtains were closed.

She chuckled to herself and entered the bathroom, stepping into the shower to let the warm water run over her hot and tired body, relaxing her muscles.
The noise of the shampoo bottle falling off the ledge awoke James who stirred and awoke from his nap.

It was the night of the full moon and he had needed to get some hours of sleep before heading down to the shack.

He needed to let Camilla know he wasn't going to be able to help her with the patrols that evening. He knew she'd cover for him regardless, but it felt unfair to ask her to do so without even knowing where he was going. Still, Moony was more important that evening than telling camilla the truth and so James would just have to tell her vague white lies as he had done before.

James knocked on the bathroom door, hoping to get Camilla's attention over the running of the water.
There was no response but he heard the water turn off and heard Camilla walking around inside.

The door swung open to reveal Camilla stood in her towel, obviously not expecting James to be stood right in the doorway.

"Potter? what are you doing lurking outside the bathroom?" she asked holding her towel and raising an eyebrow

"I wasn't lurking" James rolled his eyes, "I was just coming to speak to you" he said

"Oh? what about?"

James tried his best to focus on what he had to tell Camilla rather than her long toned legs from under her towel. James knew that if Camilla just let go of the towel there would be nothing beneath it.

Merlin's he was just getting hot at the thought.

"Earth to Potter?" Camilla said looking very amused

"Sorry" James said, swallowing thickly, "I'm so sorry Cam. I can't come with you on patrol tonight"

Camilla narrowed her eyes slightly.

Ah, must be full moon.

"Oh" she frowned, "How come? Is everything alright?"

James nodded quickly, "yeah of course, everything's fine. Just have a detention with McGongall is all, y'know, for punching Snape and all that"

That was a lie, although James was fairly shocked he had not received a detention for that, not even a scolding.

"Oh yeah, of course" Camilla smiled, knowing that was not the truth, "that's a shame, I thought after we was done we could head to the kitchens, grab a couple of drinks and things, come back here and-Oh well" she shrugged

James looked slightly pained.

Like it genuinely pained him to refuse that offer.

"Sorry Cam, maybe next time" He smiled sympathetically, reaching out to give her hand an affectionate squeeze.

Camilla had hoped that James would have cracked and spilt the beans as to where he was going each night. But it seemed James had more self-restraint than what she had previously thought.

Oh well, she'd find out one way or another.

James had disappeared an hour or so later which meant that Camilla had the dorm to herself.

It was a perfect chance for a girls night right after she completed her patrols.

Lily, Marlene, mary and Alice had not yet seen the prefects dorm and were extremely jealous to see that Camilla had a double bed and that her and James had their own mini common room. On their way over they had stopped at the kitchen to retrieve several tubs of icecream and they had all settled down into Camilla's bed for the evening gossiping.
They had all completed the rest of their homework which was due so they spent their time laughing and chatting and gossiping and it made Camilla realise how much she actually missed living with them all.

As James reached the inside of the shrieking shack he was met with Remus, whom had not yet transformed, along with Sirius and peter.

"Where were you?" Peter asked as James joined them on the dusty floor, waiting for Remus transformation to kick in

"With Prewett" James said casually, "It's torture having to leave that girl. Genuine torture. You better appreciate the quality of our friendship moony. I'm missing a midnight feast with her tonight, and, she was in her towel. Her towel! I'm done for, just done for"

Sirius, Remus and Peter all just stared at James in shock.

"Since when did you come to your fucking senses?!" Sirius exclaimed pointing an accusing finger at James

"You like her, don't you?" Remus said, delighted to finally not have to try and convince the pair of them that they did in fact like the other.

"Like her? I bloody love the girl" James retorted as if it was nothing

"Bloody hell" Was all Peter could manage

"Have you told her?!" Sirius prodded, eager to find more

James was about to reply before Remus shifted uncomfortably in his place.

It was happening.

And before James could answer; the three boys transformed into their respective animagus forms as Remus Lupin's body began to crack and morph beneath his skin.

Once Lily, Marlene, mary and alice had returned back to their own dorm for the night, Camilla found herself quite lonely.

She wondered what James was up to and hoped that whatever definitely illegal activity he was getting up to, that it was safe.

However she severely doubted it.

Unable to sleep, her mind filled with James' whereabouts and activities she swung her legs out of her own bed and passed across the hallway into James room.

Camilla shuffled down in James' bed. That way, when he returned she would be able to know straight away and know he was fine.

His bed smelt exactly of him and Camilla breathed in the scent and found herself missing him.
It was strange. James had only been gone a couple of hours.