Part 41

Chapter 41

TERMUMI MEI

The orange haired kunoichi was tense much like the rest of Kiri forces as they watched their Mizukage come head to head with the infamous leader of Amegakure. For everyone knew, that things could escalate any second now.

They had all seen a hint of the man's prowess when the man had dismantled the Mizukage's water ninjutsu with his fire style, yet now as the two of them came head-to-head, she felt as if her whole existence was on a knife's edge.

Many in Kiri had been against mounting such offense, for Kiri unlike Konoha, Iwa and Kumo didn't boast a massive shinobi force, but relied on a much smaller more elite force. And their numbers had already taken a massive hit during the Great War. A war which was essentially over now, ending in what many concluded as a simple loss for them.

There were many voices in the village rising against the current Mizukage, blaming him for this whole scenario and she was quite sure that it was because of those very dissenting voices that the Mizukage-sama had decided to mount this attack on Ame, to try and salvage his reputation.

The pressure from their clashing chakras was massive and she could feel it ripple through the air even at such a distance as the Mizukage stood face to face with the leader of Ame.

"That man is dangerous, very dangerous," a voice from the side cut in. And it was none other than their vice commander, Ao-san.

"Why do you say that?" she questioned with a frown.

"His chakra, is very potent. I have never seen such mastery over chakra from any ninja, in a straight up fight I believe he could prove himself to be even stronger than Mizukage-sama," he whispered to her and she stilled at those words, for she was aware first hand just how powerful Yuki-sama was, but according to him, this man was even more powerful than him.

"Though it seems he is apprehensive about conflict, and lord Mizukage-sama have come to an accord," he said and she watched as the pressured lowered and the two men turned away from each other.

"Shit!" Ao was the first to curse up, and pale and she could tell why as she saw Mizukage-sama turn quickly, as an ice spike impaled the Ame leader.

And she could feel the very air still as the silver haired nin turned to face their Mizukage-sama.

"No matter what happened don't move!" Ao shouted halting he many zealous shinobi that were about to run forward.

And then it happened, the silver haired nin's body dissolved into water, before he suddenly appeared right above their Mizukage-sama, and brought down an water blade to cleave him in two.

It all happened in an instant and she watched, horrified as Lord Mziukage's arm fell to the ground, blood spilling from it dying the ground red.

"What the hell AO! Let us go!" Ameyuri Ringo shouted, and Ao-san didn't budge, his eyes narrowed at the scene infront of him.

She watched as a dome of ice mirrors appeared around them, obscuring their vision, as Juzo-san smirked from the side.

"Huh, it will all be over shortly," he replied as he pushed his blade into the ground, confident like much of their force. For they all knew of the legends, no shinobi till this day had ever walked out alive out of the mirror prison of Yuki-sama.

Yet she didn't miss the hint of nervousness in Ao-san, whose eyes remained focused on the battle, infront.

"KAI!" they heard a whisper, and they all stilled as a wave of ominous chakra rippled through the air. And she had had an inkling that she had felt a sensation similar to this before, but when?