Part 10

Chapter 10

KAKASHI HATAKE

Kakashi Hatake finished his wiped the sweat from his forehead as he finished his morning katas. Over the last couple of weeks, his routine had become quite regular, with him sparring with Ohashi in the morning, followed by going to the academy and returning home, doing some cleaning and training before sleeping again. It was a rather monotonous life, yet he had gotten used to it.

His brother had also been helping him train, yet that was about to come to a halt. Ohashi had been redeployed and would be leaving for his mission today. It was supposed to be their last spar, yet Ohashi had fought someone else yesterday and had been advised to rest completely. He still came to watch him and corrected his mistakes, yet they did not spar today.

"Well, you are improving rather quickly," said his half-brother from his side as he simply sat there watching him. Suddenly he threw a notebook at him, which Kakashi caught on instinct. He looked down and found himself looking at a manual, and from how it was worn out, it was a used one.

"That's my manual, and it has some of my notes from when I was a genin. You might find something interesting in there," said Ohashi. And Kakashi nodded as he opened it and found it filled with jotted notes about basic techniques and training schedules.

"Thanks," said Kakashi as he sat down as well.

"So, do you know when you will be returning from your mission," asked Kakashi, and Ohashi shook his head.

"No, but I don't expect it to be early. There is a chance I might miss your graduation. I apologize in advance for that," and Kakashi shook his head. There was no need for him to be there. Already, he had done more than enough for him with their regular spars and guidance.

"That's okay," Kakashi replied. Ohashi looked at the time, got up from his place, and stretched out as he spoke out.

"Well, then, this is it. I will be leaving now. Take care, Kakashi, and don't overexert yourself in your training," advised Ohashi, and Kakashi nodded as Ohashi began to walk out of the dojo, leaving him all alone.

0000

TSUNADE SENJU

Tsunade Senju sat in her office, lost in nostalgia, as she stared at the notebook placed in front of her. It had been years since she had gathered the courage to finally take it out. And even now, staring at the familiar handwriting on it made her heart scream in pain.

Property of Dan Kato

She sighed as she picked up the book and began to flip through it. Each of those pages reminded her of their past, his dreams, and her failure to save his life. The notebook was filled with notes, ranging from medical ninjutsu to his special Spirit Transformation technique. Shizune had failed to replicate the technique and had given her back the book when she had first given it to her.

But perhaps, Ohashi could succeed where Shizune had failed. Though his style differed greatly from Dan's, Ohashi was still young and could probably pick up a thing or two from it.

There was a knock on her door, and as she leaned back, the door opened to reveal the form of the person she had just been thinking of as Ohashi Hatake entered her office in his proper mission attire.

"Good morning Tsunade-sama," he said, and she returned the greeting as she motioned for him to sit. She looked him over, and he was dressed in a modified uniform that was colored black. He had a backpack strapped to his back. There were several storage scrolls tied to his back as well.