Part 40

Chapter 40

TSUNADE SENJU

The Fourth Hokage of Konoha found herself back in her office in front of none other than the last Kage and her sensei, as he appeared rather frustrated and enraged over her recent decision.

"So, our guess was right. The silver-haired shinobi was indeed Ohashi," he reiterated, and she nodded. She had returned first with their force still making the journey under the command of Shikaku, yet as Hokage, she couldn't stay away from the village for so long despite the village having her sense and Jiraiya to deal with any important matters.

"Yes," she replied and saw him frown as he raised his hand.

"Yet you let him stay in Ame, especially after all the effort you put in just to recover him. How could you do that?" he said sounding exasperated though he wasn't the first person to react like that, Shikaku had acted rather similarly.

"It was at his request, one which I found rather reasonable," she replied and saw her sensei's eyes narrow.

"You don't run a village like this, Tsunade," and she stilled. Did he really just say that.

Him! She was enraged as she frowned and spoke in a cold tone.

"You have no right to say that to me!" she spoke in a cold tone warning him of any further escalation, yet he refused to take the hint.

"I say that through experience. First you let Orochimaru leave the village and now this. This is extremely detriment...."

And that was enough. She let go of her chakra, and felt it rage across the room as she silently whispered.

"That is enough." She said as the whole room shook because of her chakra. Her own sensei looked her in the eye, refusing to budge.

"And letting Danzo operate with impunity was for the good of the village," she struck back and saw him relent as he gritted his teeth.

"I made a mistake, but...."

"But nothing," she said, cutting in.

"You are partly responsible for the ordeal Ohashi found himself in, and my decision to let him stay in Ame was not made out of a sense of guilt or faulty judgment. It was a decision based on several factors and reasons," she replied, shutting the door to this whole discussion.

And she was not even lying, yes she did have a soft corner for the grey haired Hatake boy, yet the descion had not been motivated by emotion. Ohashi's presence in Ame would help stabilize not only Ame but the whole continent, and if his intentions about changing the world as we know it was true, then who was she to stand in his path?

"And as far as Orochimaru is concerned, you share the blame for that as well. You and I both know of his association with Shimura and what he did for the man. How could I possibly trust him after that. This was the best way to settle this whole affair," she replied and saw her sensei's eyes narrow.

"You refuse to trust your own comrade, yet on the other hand, you put enough trust in a budding brat to let him not only stay but lead another whole village. Going so far as to change the terms of the alliance between the two villages," he complained, and she nodded.

"I do, and I don't owe you or anyone else any explanation for any of my decisions. Not until they become determinantal to this village," she replied rather coldly before she leaned back.

"Now, that will be enough. I have a lot of work to catch up on," she replied as she watched her sensei give her a nod as he stood up.

And as he reached the door, she called out once more.