Part 17

Chapter 17

KAKASHI HATAKE

"So how is it being in a team?" questioned Ohashi as they ate their breakfast. Their daily spars had now become a thing of the past, with both of them getting busy with their schedules, and now they only met about once a month, if even that.

Kakashi wanted to groan at that question. It had been a month since he had become part of a team, and each day was becoming more and more frustrating. Rin was fine as a teammate and tried to keep out of his way. On the other hand, his other teammate was a complete wreck.

Uchiha Obito had no regard for rules and regulations and was a slacker who could only spout nonsense. He dreamt of becoming the Hokage yet lacked the discipline and fortitude to train properly. His hold over his chopsticks nodded as he thought of words to respond to this question.

"They are weak and naïve," he spoke after some contemplation, and Ohashi shrugged.

"Well, not everyone is as talented and dedicated as you. You will have to learn to get along with all kinds of people in the field," Kakashi scoffed.

The only saving grace was their sensei, Minato-sensei was a wealth of knowledge and skill. He was the only reason he even tried to put up with those two, especially that insufferable Uchiha. His brother had been given a team of his own. That had been quite a surprise given his age, though Kakashi was quite aware of the sheer ability of Ohashi and could understand the village's desire to have him pass on his skills to the next generation.

Kakashi's fists balled up as he thought of all this. He could feel himself falling behind, being held back by the attitudes of his teammates. They behaved like children, and Kakashi had no time for their antics. He had a purpose to fulfill. To bring back the prestige of the Hatake name. It was his duty as the heir to the clan.

"Aghh, about your graduation, I heard a rumor that you might be promoted to chunin soon," Ohashi suddenly said, surprising him. Kakashi didn't know that such a promotion was under consideration. Though it was understandable, he had been a genin for about a year now and his overall skill level was above that of a mediocre chunin.

"I wasn't aware of that," Kakashi frowned. Ohashi simply shrugged.

"It came up during the last jounin meeting. If you continue at this pace, you will even break my record," said his brother with a small smile. And Kakashi wasn't fooled by that statement. As skilled as he was, he was still a long way from being in the same discussion as Leaf's Yellow Flash, or even the Shimmering Death, for that matter.

"And since I didn't get you something for your graduation. I have just the gift for you," added his brother as he wiped his mouth with a napkin. And he had his attention on those words.

"How would you like to learn a jutsu that rivals your sensei's signature move," said Ohashi with a grin on his face. And Kakashi's eyes narrowed.

Afterall, who wouldn't like that?

0000

MINATO NAMKIKAZE

Minato sat in the famed Akimichi establishment, Yakiniku Q. The war had entered somewhat of a stalemate. The constant loss of lives had made all the villages quite cautious over any major offensive for the time being. He could tell that the war had entered its decisive phase now, with each village getting ready for the final push.

As he was lost in thought, the person he was waiting for finally joined him as a blonde man wearing a purple overcoat sat down opposite him. The dark circles around his tired eyes told of extreme stress and countless sleepless nights, which was no surprise given the man's position.