Part 16

Chapter 16

KURENAI YUHI

Kurenai Yuhi woke up groggily and rubbed her eyes as he left her bed. Despite the full night's sleep, the exhaustion from yesterday's fight against their sensei remained. She yawned and was about to walk into the bathroom when suddenly she felt someone's presence downstairs. Her senses perked up and she opened the door and questioned.

"Father, are you home?" she shouted and in response, a figure appeared at the base of the stairs, surprising her, and she broke out into a stride and jumped down the stairs as she hugged her father.

"You are home!" she shouted as he scooped her in her arms.

"Yes, Kurenai-chan, I am home," he said as he rubbed her head.

"And I am sorry that I couldn't make it for your graduation," he said, and Kurenai shook her head. She was aware that her father had been stationed at the southern border. And according to the rumors, there had been major trouble on the border, so she was just happy that he had made it back alive.

"It's okay," she said, and he rubbed her hair as he placed her down. And then she noticed the lights turned on in the kitchen and a table set with breakfast.

"Why don't we have breakfast, and you tell me about your graduation? We could even go out for lunch or dinner," he said as he rubbed her head, straightening her hair slightly.

"I don't know about lunch, and today is our first day with our sensei. I don't think I will be free for lunch though I think I will be free for dinner," she said as she took her seat on the table and was shortly joined by her father. It was a simple breakfast, and her father perked up at her words.

"Ohh, tell me about your team. Who are they, and who is your sensei," he asked as they both began to dive in. She took a bite of the fish and replied slowly.

"Well, I am on a team with Asuma Sarutobi and Ebisu Shirahoshi," her father's brows were raised at her words.

"Asuma Sarutobi, isn't he Lord Third's son," and she nodded.

"Yes, he is, and our sensei is someone rather young, I think you even mentioned him before, his name is Ohashi Hatake," and her father stilled at her words before his head snapped up as he looked up at her.

"Ohashi Hatake is your sensei," her father was rather impressed and she nodded, placing down her chopsticks.

"Yes, and he seems quite strong," she said as she thought about their test from yesterday. She then questioned her father.

"Do you know him?" and her father nodded.

"I do, not extensively, but we have worked together a couple of times. He is one of the most skilled shinobi I have had the pleasure to work with, you would do well to learn as much as you can from him," he replied as he wiped his mouth clean.

"But he is rather young, isn't he?" she questioned, and her father nodded.

"He is, but I can assure you the number of people who can take him down can be counted on both hands," and her eyes widened at that. Kurenai wasn't oblivious, from the fight yesterday, she could tell that their sensei was strong. Yet the way her father phrased it made it evident that their sensei wasn't just strong. He was very, very strong.

Their team had passed his test yesterday, and though she found him rather too strict, it would matter little if he was as strong as her father made him out to be.

She was getting a bit excited for her first day, to see exactly what he was going to teach them. She glanced at the clock and saw that it was an hour left before their meeting time. And she still had to bathe and get ready.